Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:28 AM
KingMort
Banned

Oh no, I don't understand SK's on my server, I only made all their spells, I totally don't understand them..

Do you know how to read spells? Please investigate for yourself if you want it's all real simple.

I will narrow it down so you don't have to :

SK DISC : -43
WAR DISC: -58

Have a great rest of your day! Thank you for derailing my post. Appreciate it.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:23 AM
BlackSunGM
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
Oh no, I don't understand SK's on my server, I only made all their spells, I totally don't understand them..

Do you know how to read spells? Please investigate for yourself if you want it's all real simple.

I will narrow it down so you don't have to :

SK DISC : -43
WAR DISC: -58

Have a great rest of your day! Thank you for derailing my post. Appreciate it.
So giving sk's stonewall totally helps with the balance issue of making warriors better. mm yup sounds right
Old 03-17-2013, 03:35 AM
Adele
Fire Beetle

Default after more research

Well, i think i posted prematurely, without all the information needed to support my opinion on Shadow Knights Vs. warriors on KMRA. I see exactly what the others were referring to after making both classes, seeing I'm somewhat content locked currently. I'll keep it short but do have data to support this.

Mr. Mortenson is 100% correct about the -43 to -58 % on mitigation he says the warriors have in advantage over the Knights. This might look like a lot on paper and would be if it was the only factor in EQ. However it's unrealistic to base everything on 1 stat. I think if you concentrate on the 15% variable its' easy to see the unbalanced issues.

Knights get hit less on KMRA over all, close to 18% in general, they also get the heals Knights have on live customized KMRA style. along with some fantastic Life leech damage spells, pets and taps. All well done, and the biggest is the Lich curse effect ( heals for about 25% on lower level, and about 50% on higher) of the damage you do back in heals. So, when you hit for 90k ( average I've seem higher end) your self healing for 45k, per attack and riposte. This Is exaggerated On Mort's server by the items and effects on ones that stack etc.

Knights also get the same AC on gear as the warrior for most drops making them an extremely versatile Meat shield for all encounters. I'm sold on the Knights as anyone would be. Hits less, self heals, and taps for a small difference in mitigation.

Sorry for misleading prior, I thought both tanks had the same stats. Looks like the warrior I watched had a bit more making them seem close on the events I did with both. Either way it's still a great place to play EQ! Maybe a even more for Knights,right now anyways .

Adele