Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Drahkon
Fire Beetle

Default I have a vision, but not the knowledge

Example of what I want;

I want to copy and "paste" a zone that I can seperately edit apart from the main zone.

I want to run a pvp instance, say, in karnor's castle where I can have an empty zone to run around and edit with specific goal based NPCs. (almost like a guild wars system where the Group vs Group had Spefic NPC's aiding, and one you needed to protect/kill. Also including archers, healers, etc) That part isn't so tought for me, but I need to know what I need create this zone and everything after that will hopefully fall into place with the limited knowledge I do have.

I do believe I can edit the Doors category in the database to create a portal to this specific zone, as well.

Any advice or help (as well as additional creative ideas) would be helpful!
Old 04-07-2010, 11:13 AM
EternalBlack
Fire Beetle

I believe u cannot simply copy the zone files names and rename them... however, U could use an exporter to export the zone to a .3ds format where u can then import it into 3ds max... I have done this with some success however, one issue is that the texturing is slightly corrupted in that each poly has its texture aligned all in the same direction. EQ zones were textured through use of individual poly texturing from what i have observed... so if u were to simply import the .3ds file to OZ and create say a zone called arena.s3d to allow you to replace the existing arena with Karnors... the only major flaw would be that the textures would be somewhat strange... perhaps.... otherwise, this could be a solution to what u want to do.

FYI replacing arena.s3d with a new one will not replace the arena because the new arena is in the .eqg format and therefore the engine loads it instead. To fix this, simply remove or rename arena.eqg to arena.eqg.bak or something like this so that the engine skips the file and loads the .s3d. changing it to .bak also means u can easily remove that extension and it will revert to being used on servers that do use the file.

Another option is to delete or simply remove the .eqg file in question from the folder.

Hope this helps.