Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Drahkon
Fire Beetle

Default Glitching/teleporting avatars

I'm having an issue with my server in that when playing together (I have a mini family reuinion going) we personally each run the client/server fine, but we appear to be glitching heavily on eachothers screen.

When I say glitching, I mean that if we are all running in a strait line, characters will "jump" ahead, almost like a mini tepeort. Or, if in combat, backing up slightly sends the character back 5 feet, but then ports them to where thye really are.

THis is not a core issue, and it is happening on all 3 computers. It's not an internet connection issue, since I have had two seperate net connections with this server, and have had this problem to the same degree...

Has anyone else had this problem? Or could you give me a few suggestions to try. I'm at a loss.

Thanks again!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:56 AM
KodeKatt
Sarnak

Sounds like a low PPS (Packets per second).

No suggestion for fixes. Server is handling data/locations fine, but it's only sending out a few PPS to each client, causing the delay in updates of movement, which is the reason of the teleporting effect.

It could be your bandwith limit, network settings, modem/router.. but no clue what.