Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 10-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Congdar
Developer

Default Sense Heading

The Sense Heading "skill" is hard coded at 200 when you create your character, but It seems the skill check is still in place.

While I was unit testing the double attack code I had some debug statements in the CheckIncreaseSkill() method and I came across the SENSE_HEADING skill being checked... In a LOOP! I would move my character forward and a left turn then a right turn and stop and my debug text would print out sense heading continuously while I was just standing there. I think this loop is adding unneeded lag and should be removed since it's hard coded at max.

Is there any reason not to rem out or delete this code?
client_packet.cpp ~line 930 in Client::Handle_OP_ClientUpdate()
Code:
	if(
		( (heading != ppu->heading) && !((int)heading % 3) ) ||	// turning
		( (x_pos != ppu->x_pos) && !((int)x_pos % 6) )					// moving
	)
	{
		CheckIncreaseSkill(SENSE_HEADING, -20);
	}
Old 10-05-2008, 02:15 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

yeah I noticed this once. I set stratign SH skill to 0 liek it was back in a day and noticed that its slowly goign UP by itself as I was running around

WHile it would be nice to have SH skill up back, with todays maps its complitly pointless. technicly even compass is pointless if you can see where you are on the map....