Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:59 AM
ccody1025
Fire Beetle

Default Spell issue with SoF client

Hi, wasn't sure where else to put this, so figured general support would be a good start...I've recently upgraded to SoF (purchased from newegg, Thanks for the link Trev! =) ), and am having issues casting any spells at all. Say i try to cast a buff, it says i cant cast it while out of combat, so i try it while in combat, and it says i cant cast it while in combat. Ive tried this on Storm Haven as well as Kimura's Affliction. Any ideas whats going on?

I was trying to cast a nuke at this point

Wondering if maybe i just need to download the spell files hosted on server sites so that its more in line with titanium, or if this is just some wierd bug.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:44 AM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, since the spell files are different between SoF and Titanium, there isn't many ways around that without having at least one of the clients download a custom spell file. The one I have should work for both Titanium and SoF.

The only way for a default SoF install to work without having to do a spell file update would be if the server was completely switched to using the SoF spell file as the default.

Try getting the download and see if that works for you. Lemme know if there are still issues. I don't know if PEQ has a custom spell file download for SoF, but the file from my server should actually be compatible with PEQ. Even if it is not 100% compatible, it should at least work better than the default SoF spell file does.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:11 PM
wwazman
Sarnak

I just did the same thing, upgraded to SoF.. I'm running a peq server.. do I need to update the server's spells with the SoF spells files, and where do I obtain these?
Old 06-28-2009, 02:57 AM
trevius
Developer

You can use any spell file that you want, as long as all of the clients playing on your server have spell files that match what the server is using. You should be able to import the SoF spell file into the server and then you can share that file with your players so everyone matches up.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:03 PM
wwazman
Sarnak

seems to be working somewhat.. though there are some spells that say "level 255" !!! (what's that, another 15 years of Everquest?)

..haven't found a way to successfully change that in the heidisql yet...
Old 07-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Shendare
Dragon

If I recall correctly, level 255 in a column means that the spell in question is not applicable to that particular class.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:47 PM
trevius
Developer

Yes, Shendare is correct. If you are seeing those spells on your client, it means your client is not using the same spell file/table that the server is using. As I mentioned here already, you have to have the client and the server both using matching spell files or you will see issues like that.