Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2009, 07:33 PM
trevius
Developer

Default Drakkin Features

I am trying to figure out the best way to handle new SoF specific stuff like Drakkin Features. For NPCs, we could just add drakkin_heritage, drakkin_tatoo, and drakkin_face_spikes to the npctypes table with default of 0. But, for characters, I am wondering what the best way is to save that info. I think there are 3 possibilities to consider:

1. Use one of the following unknown fields in the player profile blob to assign them as drakkin related fields. I think this would work just fine, but wanted some input on it just in case. Probably any of these unknowns would work:

common\eq_packet_structs.h
Code:
/*0112*/    uint32                unknown0112;        //
/*0245*/    uint8                unknown0245[7];    //
/*0348*/    uint8                unknown0256[44];
/*2456*/    uint32                unknown1496;
/*2505*/    uint8                unknown1545[47];    // ?
/*2580*/    uint8                unknown1620[4];
/*4716*/    uint8                unknown3756[4];        //
2. Add the drakkin_heritage, drakkin_tatoo, and drakkin_face_spikes fields to the character_ table and pull them from there.

3. Create a new table named "Profile" that could be used for player profile related fields. It might not hurt to have some of the profile in table format anyway, since it is much easier to adjust if needed. I recently did a currency change on all characters and something that would have been extremely simple to do if the profile was in a table instead of a blob became quite a hassle. Does having the profile in a blob really help overhead that much?

I figured I would start a discussion on this to consider the options before trying to implement any of the new stuff. I am sure there are other minor DB changes like this that will be required as well. Even though 13th floor doesn't have record of it, and I don't think any items on Live utilize it, SoF most certainly has Heroic Resists, and we need fields added to the Items table for those stats. Of course, even once the fields are added, there will need to be code to get that data for use in game.