Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 04-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Necro pets seem to be slightly overpowered. They cast a higher level lifetap that I am unfamiliar with. Level 4 necro pet can knock a level 8 mob down from 100% to 50%. Level 4 necro pet also seems to hit for 10-30's. I donno if this has already been an issue since I have only recently joined the eqemu community.
Yup, this is a database issue, not an EQEMu issue. So you'd need to talk to PEQ about that, that isnt a beta issue
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:36 AM
Kikinaak
Sarnak

Unhappy

I get to server select fine, but when loading finishes (at "loading equipment") Just before loading the character select screen, I get an error Microsoft C++ runtime Error, eqgame.exe abnormal program termination. Has anyone else had this problem?

If PEQ is up and open, then the problem is on my end somewhere, but I can get to the server select screen fine. Any ideas?
Old 04-28-2005, 08:33 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Have you try to make a complete files check on patcher ?
if not, just delete your eqgame.exe and EQGraphicsDX9.dll and try it
you have some files corrupt :p
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Kikinaak
Sarnak

Yup, did in depth file scan, refixed the host file, ran again, and this time it didnt even get to loading equipment, it crashed on loading character models. this is a fresh install today+patch to live, so I'm pretty sure the files are not corrupt. However, I do not have Gates, Omens or Dragons installed, and the login server says I'm enabled for them. Could this be the problem, that EQ is trying to load files that arent there?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Vyeper
Fire Beetle

Well its been almost 2 years since i was last in the eqemu game...let alone eqlive. Well im trying to connect to this baby and everytime i try to login it times out. Straight away after pressing the login button it says "timed out" cant say ive ever had that happen before.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:53 AM
cbdsetzer
Fire Beetle

Default catn login

i cant login to the server, do i use the account i created on this forum or some other account? or is the server down?, when will it be up again?
Old 04-29-2005, 04:31 AM
kawika
Sarnak

You need to create a loginserver account. Use this link. and then create the username/password.

Good luck.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:55 PM
WhileInSilence
Fire Beetle

Angry

Grrr, I can't stay connected to the server.

I'll be playing for like 10 mins, and then I'll try to attack something or search for an item or whatever, and nothing will happen. Then I realize I'm lagging out and I eventually just have to /quit or something.

But I alt tab and surf the internet just fine....longest I've been lag free on the server is like 15 mins lol.

helpppp

PS. Other than this the server is kicking ass so far, I came back into EQEmu about a month ago and haven't been able to play anthing, so tonight is the first time I've been on EQ in like 7 months! Soooo fun.

Last edited by WhileInSilence; 05-01-2005 at 12:58 AM..
Old 04-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Cy7
Fire Beetle

I have this same problem. I log in and within 10 mins my character locks up. I can move around and jump, but I cant do anything else, no opening doors, spell casting, attacking, even /camping. Granted, this character was also filled with lots of twinked stuff using #summonitem. I believe the problem is linked to some of the items summoned, When I deleted all the items, I stopped having the problem.
I just hope I dont get this bug when the beta ends and I can play a character for real. This bug is pretty serious, I hope the DB guys are working on a fix.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:35 AM
kawika
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy7
I just hope I dont get this bug when the beta ends and I can play a character for real. This bug is pretty serious, I hope the DB guys are working on a fix.
I hope you went to http://projecteq.net/ and submitted a bug report to let them know about it, otherwise it won't get fixed. They're not psychics.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:03 AM
Cy7
Fire Beetle

Ah well I was talking to a couple people on irc and in-game. It sounded like it was a known bug that was tough to solve, thats why it has never been fixed.
But I will go post there anyway.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:33 AM
SaguetoSan
Fire Beetle

Hey, I just tried with Everquest Trilogy, and it works great so far. There's only one thing; crteating a shortcut with 'patchme' doesn't seems to work. The game still lunch and check all files. So it always overwrite my eqhost.txt. I have to overwrite the file before clicking on 'Play'.

Anyway, good work guys!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 07:40 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaguetoSan
Hey, I just tried with Everquest Trilogy, and it works great so far. There's only one thing; crteating a shortcut with 'patchme' doesn't seems to work. The game still lunch and check all files. So it always overwrite my eqhost.txt. I have to overwrite the file before clicking on 'Play'.

Anyway, good work guys!!!
Mhhh are you sure to make shorcut on Eqgame.exe and not Everquest.exe ?
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:15 PM
SaguetoSan
Fire Beetle

I guess I was too much in a hurry to play ^_^
Now it works just fine, thanl you.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Fajo
Sarnak

To fix the lock up problem Hold Down SHIFT and hit the down arrow key 3 times that should unlock it.. this is a prob in EQ Live also