Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's > Tutorials--Outdated Use the Wiki > Tutorials::Discussion

Tutorials::Discussion Discuss Tutorials here. Do NOT POST tutorials here, they belong on the wiki.

Old 06-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Judice
Fire Beetle

Default Very lost

been at this about 30 hours straight now and still cant get it to work

i have reloaded everything several times , i can log in but im not showing my server minilogin shows one server 0 clients

and World.exe keeps giving me the same error ever few secs still cant figure out how to clear it up its

Error: DBAsyncCB_LoadVariables failed: !GetAnswer: '#1146: Table 'eq.variables' doesn't exist

it repeats that error while running ever few seconds

Trying to get this set for single player i fly out in two more days and wont have access to the net for months so really could us some help on this please please , dont know as much about PC as i should i guess :(

Last edited by Judice; 06-24-2005 at 06:03 PM..
Old 06-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Aydun
Sarnak

Default Hmm

Well I'm definately not the most intelligent but I feel for you situation. It sounds to me like it's not a matter of reloading things, It just looks like you don't have table in your EQ database. When you do all the mysql stuff do you get any errors ? ALSO you might want to look at the NAMe of your server, I think it has to be like 12 chars or over to work and if you have less than that or like 10 your server will be active but it won't show in the login screen, at least.. I had this problem earlier today, same symptoms as you. Ex. my server name was "Futility" but that wouldn't show up in the server listing ! BUT "FutilityIncarnate" did ? weird but I seem to recall something like that from earlier versions, maybe it will help..

I tried :\
Old 06-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Judice
Fire Beetle

Default Thank you

ok sounds good , ill take a look at that right now.
thank you

I must say my Forum experiences have always been horrid, 6 years of everquest LOL. looks like all the cool people that play EQ , quit regular game and came here thanks again guys
Old 06-25-2005, 03:37 AM
iwantavr4
Sarnak

Quote:
found out how to get procs and haste to work
here is the link

http://www.steelpsychos.com/index.php?link=eqemu.php

unzipp the update_zone.rar then only extract the zoneperl.exe into you c:\EQEmu folder replaceing the one u have it will allow haste items/spells to work along with procs from weaps and you should no longer have the pet construct error
As an FYI this would not work for me. It simply crashed my Zoneperl everytime i tried to login. So if it works for you congrats... No dice for me...

As for
Quote:
Error: DBAsyncCB_LoadVariables failed: !GetAnswer: '#1146: Table 'eq.variables' doesn't exist
It sounds like your database simply wasnt loaded fully... You might have messed up the first one and tried to recreate the second one over the top of it without deleting...

Perhaps try deleting everything from your EQ database and just try redoing the database part... Or maybe try again with a different database name...
Old 06-25-2005, 10:04 AM
wooow
Fire Beetle

Great guide, I've followed it step by step. I'm almost there, but here is the problem: when I attempt to log in, it says I have 0/8 expansions enabled. Please help...
-------------------------
Figured out, the problem is actually no server shows up, similar to what Lagartijoo posted earlier. I'm using minilogin on the same PC, and when I try to connect, minilogin does show new client from 127.0.0.1, but I can't proceed because of no expansions enabled. Any ideas?

Last edited by wooow; 06-25-2005 at 10:10 PM..
Old 06-28-2005, 04:44 AM
Mossfiend
Fire Beetle

Will this guide allow me to host my own server so that I can play without being on the internet, and my brother or friends could connect to me via lan, and also play the game?

If not, is there any way I can go about doing that?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:10 AM
devlor
Sarnak

Thumbs up Excellent tutorial!

Great work iwantavr4! Using your guide I was able to get the new version (I've been away for awhile) set up without a hitch. Thanks for all your hard work and for sharing all of this with us here.

BTW, someone earlier in this thread posted a problem where their character was stuck in an endless zoning loop. Even though someone else helped them out, I thought I'd mention that you can use the in-game #movechar [character name] [zone short name] command with a different character to move another you're not logged in with. I keep a separate "GM" character camped out in a safe zone specifically for this purpose.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:27 PM
ruprecht1010
Fire Beetle

ok, maybe a stupid question, but when you guys sourced the files through sql did it take a really really long time to do the first one? I swear I've been getting "query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)" scrolling for the past hour.

never mind--it finally finished after about 1 1/2 hours.

Last edited by ruprecht1010; 06-30-2005 at 03:04 AM.. Reason: update
Old 07-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Skyiron
Fire Beetle

Default Newb :(

Im embarrassed to say but I on step 4 when you go to command prompt and you say navigate to the extracted DBI file I cant figure out how to navigate there.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:34 PM
iwantavr4
Sarnak

cd (locatation)
So for instance i unzipped mine to c:\temp\dbi and c;\temp\scalar

i would type:
Code:
cd c:\temp\dbi [enter]
ppm [enter]
install dbi.ppm [enter]
exit [enter]
cd c:\temp\scalar [enter]
ppm [enter]
install io-scalar.ppm [enter]
exit [enter]
Old 07-05-2005, 06:32 PM
ShadowVax
Fire Beetle

Unhappy

When i try t odo the Source Items stuff... i an error stating: ERROR 1146: Table 'eq101.items'(i remade database) dosent exist... it isnt evein in the test or regualr eq database.

I just started this a few days ago and i have everything u linked to download... Hopefully u can help. Sorry for the uber noobnes...
Old 07-05-2005, 08:45 PM
duke_nemmerle
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowVax
When i try t odo the Source Items stuff... i an error stating: ERROR 1146: Table 'eq101.items'(i remade database) dosent exist... it isnt evein in the test or regualr eq database.

I just started this a few days ago and i have everything u linked to download... Hopefully u can help. Sorry for the uber noobnes...
You probably missed out on sourcing something else first. One of the source files creates some tables that the others are used. I'd drop all my db's and go back and source them in the exact order the tut says
Old 07-06-2005, 05:50 AM
ShadowVax
Fire Beetle

Red face

alright, i'll try that. Will post back if it works.

EDIT:I just dropped all my databases... i tried to source again and got to the items one and got a error in the cmd. My Cmd was spamming somethin about not have the table eq.items and wouldnt stop beeping untill i closed cmd. thats the only one that does this. Any way someone can link me a database with the items in it or anything?

You think this could have anything to do with them Mysql download? when i clicked on it, it was a dead link so i went to the other tutorial and got it... dont think its 4.0.23...

EDIT2:Hmm i figured out wht i needed to do to get items.. I still get a couple beeps tho on Source for Zone and a coupel for items... that normal or do i need to redo something.

EDIT3: Well i got everything up and running. Only thing is... I cant log in. Maybe its because i patched -.- i jsut started 4 days ago.. Any help as to this?

Last edited by ShadowVax; 07-06-2005 at 06:17 PM..
Old 07-06-2005, 07:28 PM
iwantavr4
Sarnak

you wont be able to play if you patched

and there are a few errors in a couple up the database sources (cant remember exactly which ones) but they still finish.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Aradorn
Sarnak

iwantavr4 were you ever able to get a copy of suedeworthey's world.exe and emusharmem.dll i think those are the 2 files we are gonna need also to get the haste/pet to work