Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:47 AM
wicapirate
Fire Beetle

Angelox
Will that zip allow me to run EQ on a LAN with no internet access?
Old 10-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicapirate View Post
Angelox
Will that zip allow me to run EQ on a LAN with no internet access?
I don't know which zip you're talking about, but Minilogin is for LAN or the client can be with the same machine as the server , so you don't need internet or even a LAN.
What I have posted at my site are packages I thought would make it all easier for you (granted you follow the instructions).
Old 02-04-2009, 01:42 PM
cubber
Discordant

Thank you for this, I have had minilogin running under linux in the past but this made it much simpler to get away from the Public loginserver hell. I never new there was a web tool published to create your own gimp public server with minilogin. It is perfect for my setup after some modifications.

One thing you may want to note in the guide is that it is necessary to forward "UDP" port 5999 to your server on your firewall in order to allow public access to the minilogin server.

Second I see that accounts and passwords are limited to "9" characters on the web tool. This is not practical since some of my old users had account names greater than 9 characters with passwords greater than 9 characters. Granted when you switch from public to this type of login all of thier passwords are set to "blank" as far as minilogin is concerned they still have the same usernames. So you will need to go in and add passwords for thier accounts in your db in order for them to log in. In order to change the 9 character limit edit these lines in the index.php file:

Code:
<td width="326" align="left" valign="top"><input name="username" type="text" class="formelements" id="username" size="40" maxlength="9" />
to

Code:
<td width="326" align="left" valign="top"><input name="username" type="text" class="formelements" id="username" size="40" maxlength="25" />
to increase the username to 25 characters

and

Code:
<td align="left" valign="top"><input name="password" type="password" class="formelements" id="password" size="40" maxlength="9" />
to

Code:
<td align="left" valign="top"><input name="password" type="password" class="formelements" id="password" size="40" maxlength="25" />
to increase the password size to 25
Old 02-05-2009, 09:53 AM
cubber
Discordant

Quote:
Ports on your router that need to be opened;
3306/udp, 5999/udp, 9000/udp, 7000-7010/udp, 3306/tcp, 5999/tcp, 7000-7010/tcp
ports 7000-7010 are variable, pending on how many dynamic and static zones you start up. If you use 5 dynamic zones and 5 static, then 7000-7010, is ok, if you start more, then increase the amount accordingly.
I appologize, I did not see this part of the guide. You already did mention the port. But one thing to note is that you do not need to open any TCP ports. It is all UDP.

These are the ports I use on my firewall, and all works fine. I used to forward both tcp and udp ports until FNW told me on IRC a while back that it was a big misconception and that EQEMU only uses UDP.

Code:
UDP 	Uplink ANY : 7779 	=> 	192.168.42.4 : 7779 	EQEMU Mail

UDP 	Uplink ANY : 7778 	=> 	192.168.42.4 : 7778 	EQEMU Chat 	

UDP 	Uplink ANY : 5999 	=> 	192.168.42.4 : 5999 	EQ Minilogin

UDP 	Uplink ANY : 9000 	=> 	192.168.42.4 : 9000 	EQEMU

UDP 	Uplink ANY :
7000 - 7010 	=> 	192.168.42.4 : 7000 - 7010 	EQEMU
BTW: what is 3306 for? I never use that port.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

The mysql database is on port 3306.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:16 PM
cubber
Discordant

You don't need to forward that only the server uses that port. Unless your mysql server and eqemu server are located in two physically separate locations with 2 different internet connections. Or if you had a web server located somewhere on the internet and had it querying your mysql database to show information. In either case it would just have to be forwarded on the network with the MYSQL server.

But for a regular EQEMU server with the MYSQL DB server istalled on the localhost or even a separate server on the same LAN you do not need to forward the MYSQL port.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I do a lot of EqEmu work that's spread out over four machines in my network - My server is Linux, and only used for the EqEMu server and some other assorted email and whatever servers.
I compile and try to pre-test everything in windows and Linux, so the database is shared through out the LAN and even to a few friends over the net.
Since many people were having so much trouble getting MiniLogin up and running. I posted a detailed explanation and example of what I know is working, because it's what I have working at my LAN - since I like to test everything I do before I preach it to some one else, I posted what I have running and am sure works.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubber View Post
You don't need to forward that only the server uses that port. Unless your mysql server and eqemu server are located in two physically separate locations with 2 different internet connections. Or if you had a web server located somewhere on the internet and had it querying your mysql database to show information. In either case it would just have to be forwarded on the network with the MYSQL server.

But for a regular EQEMU server with the MYSQL DB server istalled on the localhost or even a separate server on the same LAN you do not need to forward the MYSQL port.
yes, I know. But you asked what the port was... I don't see any need for you to open it up unless you have a specific need to like Angelox does.