Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Derision
Developer

There appears to be two aspects to titles in the source, one is the #title command which sets the AA title in the player profile, and the other relates to a 'Title' table which appears to be based on skill levels and I assume is related to the 'Title Window'.

The change I made only addresses the first aspect, the #title command. This just stores the title in the player profile.

For some reason, the code to copy the player's title into the spawn struct in Client::FillSpawnStruct was commented out. There were also some discrepancies in the code as to whether the title field should be 32 or 48 bytes long.

I simply uncommented the line that was commented out and made sure all operations on the title field worked on a size of 32 bytes (as that is the size in the pp). There were no new Opcodes involved.

There is also a Perl SetAATitle command, but I was unable to get that to work yesterday, probably because I was using it wrong.