Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2009, 01:50 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

yeah I just discovered ruletypes.h today =P Never saw them mentioned before. Last time I picked into the soruce was a while ago and since then thigns changes so much I can't make heads or tails of it anymore =P

So its helpfull however few of the rules stil could use few clarification on exactly how they work. I mean its one thign for me to sit and read these short sentences over and over till I figure out what they mean while for person who created the rule its clear as day =P

Atm I am trying to udnerstand these few - perhaps you could explain me better:

RULE_REAL ( Combat, HitFalloffMinor, 5.0) //hit will fall off up to 5% over the initial level range
RULE_REAL ( Combat, HitFalloffModerate, 7.0) //hit will fall off up to 7% over the three levels after the initial level range
RULE_REAL ( Combat, HitFalloffMajor, 50.0) //hit will fall off sharply if we're outside the minor and moderate range

What is a FALL OF??? I See that its... SCALES.. but whats it do? =) And is difirence betwin minor, major etc.

ANother question:

RULE_REAL ( Combat, WeaponSkillFalloff, 0.33) //For every weapon skill point that's not maxed you lose this % of hit

-ok what it does well epxlained but curious quetsion: won't this mean that the MOMENT you level your performance sudenly become WORSE? Basicly you some lev 55 with X max skill, you ding 56 - and you swing your sword now worse than 5 sec ago vs same mobs

Next one:

RULE_REAL ( Combat, HeavyAvoidChanceMod, 1.0) //plate wearers
RULE_REAL ( Combat, ModerateAvoidChanceMod, 0.96) //chain + leather melee
RULE_REAL ( Combat, LightAvoidChanceMod, 0.91) //druid
RULE_REAL ( Combat, UnarmoredAvoidChanceMod, 0.86) //rest

Shouldn't classes who use HEAVIER armor- have WORSE avoidance chance??? (I knwo I can adjust them in reverse but just asking) After all its much easier to dodge while wearing NOTHING rather than full plate. (mitigation on other hand should get better the heavier the armor).
On other hand - this thing seem to be tied to a CLASS rather than - what player is wearing atm (which creates an issue where clumsy Paladin wearing full plate can avoid better than a Monk or Ranger???). IMHO - rather than do this by pre-made type - do this by INDIVIDUAL classes. So warriors AVoidChanceMod, Paly, Sk and so on.

same thing with :

RULE_REAL ( Combat, MeleeHitChanceMod, 1.0)
RULE_REAL ( Combat, PriestHitChanceMod, 0.85)
RULE_REAL ( Combat, CasterHitChanceMod, 0.7)

I would not put monks/rogues into same group as clumsy palies/sk (in some specific case I can go as far as say than druids far more agile and dexterioes than say clerics and so on) - So perhaps again- separate Mod for each class? That would be nice for extrime fine-tunning.

And finaly. New price system: most of them easy enouhg to udnerstand, few a bit unclear:

RULE_INT ( Merchant, PriceBonusPct, 4) // Determines maximum price bonus from having good faction/CHA. Value is a percent.

---mmmm example please?

RULE_INT ( Merchant, PricePenaltyPct, 4) // Determines maximum price penalty from having bad faction/CHA. Value is a percent.

---mmm?

RULE_REAL( Merchant, ChaBonusMod, 3.45) // Determines CHA cap, from 104 CHA. 3.45 is 132 CHA at apprehensive. 0.34 is 400 CHA at apprehensive.

----mmm a bit more details please, not realy folowing... =(

RULE_REAL ( Merchant, ChaPenaltyMod, 1.52) // Determines CHA bottom, up to 102 CHA. 1.52 is 37 CHA at apprehensive. 0.98 is 0 CHA at apprehensive.

---same as above...