Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-11-2013, 05:45 PM
BooZa
Fire Beetle

Default Amazing time

hello all,
yesterday i played on a server all day that was a progression server/timelocked and it was classic with max lvl of 50 with legit loot having slight increase in stats. i had a crazy ammount of fun on it however when i went to log in today it sent me somewhere else and i have lost this server on my list. was wondering if anyone else knows what happend to it? is it just down or was the name changed to something different, it really didnt have a name yesterday just a description of the server in server select. it has been driving me insane all day awaiting for the server to come back up and i think im missing something.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:41 AM
Drajor
Developer

I have no information about the server you played on however a possible reason why you were sent to the wrong server is that when the server list changes (servers going up and down) your 'last played server' which is cached locally can become invalid.

A possible way to find your way back to the server is to open your EQ directory, sort the files by date modified (descending) and near the top should be files related to the character/server UI configuration. The servers 'short name' will be part of the file name and that may hint at the server name of where you had such a good time.

GL!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:37 PM
BooZa
Fire Beetle

i found it, its called "Fixed EQ-Timelocked Progression" but it tends to go down for days at a time :( kinda sad really cuz everyone on the server loves it but it just crashes with no warning and doesnt come back for 1 to 2 days later. anybody have a clue as to why?
Old 08-13-2013, 05:44 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooZa View Post
i found it, its called "Fixed EQ-Timelocked Progression" but it tends to go down for days at a time :( kinda sad really cuz everyone on the server loves it but it just crashes with no warning and doesnt come back for 1 to 2 days later. anybody have a clue as to why?
Well it could be that he is hosting the server itself so if he looses power or have internet issues it could bring it down. Paying for a dedicated host sometimes can be a pain sadly.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 08-13-2013, 05:58 PM
BooZa
Fire Beetle

that stinks, last night a buddy and i got to lvl 20 and we were gonna start farming gear in runny eye then the server crashed and hasnt been back up since... im like addicted to EQ again thanks to this server haha, im going through withdrawls
Old 08-15-2013, 07:00 PM
BooZa
Fire Beetle

i think i give up on it, its been down for 4 days now. does anyone know of a server that sounds comparable to this one? classic with enhancedish stats on loot?
Old 08-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

it came up briefly last nite but couldn't get to char select then back offline.

will keep an eye out for it's reappearance ...
Old 08-15-2013, 11:08 PM
jak3666
Fire Beetle

Maybe try checking out [BETA] Sanctuary server. 100% custom content (literally every single item is custom, zones are completely different, zone connections are different) with the feeling of immersion and wonderment that classic EQ gave us when it first launched in 99. Fantastic server.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:23 PM
notknowing
Sarnak

Thumbs up

I also have been playing on fixedeq when its up and have had a blast as well. I was disappointed to see it go down again. Hopefully it comes back up soon.

In the mean time, if you haven't already played Dungeon Crawl. I recommend you try it. Its similar in some regards.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:16 PM
BooZa
Fire Beetle

whats ur name on fixed? mines Giggles
Old 09-01-2013, 01:08 PM
BooZa
Fire Beetle

does anyone have any idea if this server is ever coming back? :(