Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Loccochris
Fire Beetle

Don't even need bags. Had this problem trading 2 items, but unknowing to me the other character's bags were full and therefore after trade the 2 items went to cursor. First was recovered, second was lost to eternity to the error 30 code you listed. Didn't have to wait few minutes or anything.

You will have issues with lore items as well, and mind you shared bank treats lore items as an extended bank ( where on live the extra bank would essentially allow someone to store 2x same lore item).

Lesson is, don't trade stuff to someone who has a full inventory and will leave stuff on the cursor. There are some nasty bugs that are unforgiving.

I once lost several hundred kpp transporting it to a bank on a mount. Apparantly I ran over an invisible pebble because I hit the ground with 20k fall damage and died.(the fall dmg has to be based off weight + height meaning something that normally wouldn't kill you will if you extra heavy) Go figure I thought all objects fall at same speed as proven by Newton. Come back to corpse and you will see that you only keep about 27k pp.

As for that issue it seems to me like pp are stored as a long int while in inventory, but when transitioning to a corpse it gets put into a shorter int somewhere, therefore having it unable to store such large numbers. Would need to check over the death and loot code and see how it is handled.