Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2009, 06:22 AM
Loccochris
Fire Beetle

Default Few Bugs I have noticed

Will list some bugs I have noticed here:

Pets:

1) Do not attack unless you take damage (already posted).
2) Pet guard here doesn't work far as I can tell.

Pathing:

1) Follow on multi box is buggy, sometimes they start running circles, making that client active fixes this (as in just alt tabbing no other button) so something is going weird somewhere with it.
2) Mobs will aggro through floors/walls that shouldn't. This causes huge problems in multi floor areas, Unrest building, city of mist... Especially deadly when floors signify increase in mob level. Nothing beats pulling a first floor area with all dark blues to have yellow reds aggro from above.
3) Mobs pulled in multi floor areas will sometimes not be visible, as in they are underground. Auto attack of original agroee will hit these mobs if you are facing them and they are auto selected from hitting you. One of main issues here possibly that I have noticed there is there seems to be no height restriction to melee range. Long as your x,y coordinates are in melee range your z coordinate can be whatever and you will be able to attack.

Item Loss:

1) Dying with a large sum of pp on you will cause all but about 27k worth to be lost.
2) Trading a lore item to someone who has one can cause it to become lost.
3) Trading more than 1 item, when receiving player has no space will cause all but first item (which ends up on cursor) to be lost.
4) Trading a lore item to someone who has it in their shared bank will cause it to be lost. NOTE: On live was possible to "carry" 2 identical lore items by keeping one in shared bank and other in bank or character.

Falling damage:

1) Carrying large amounts of pp on a mount outside of bazaar or without mount inside of bazaar and falling even an inch will cause you to die due to 20k fall damage. (height must be multiplied by weight or something in formula. Makes no sense to me seeing how everything falls at same speed no matter weight and in both these instances weight is technically "unlimited" due to the zone or mount. This is probably one of easiest fixes just do a check before "giving" fall damage if player is mounted or player zone ID == bazaar then set dmg = to 0 or break or return 0 or whatever lol.

I will come up with more as I think about them. Haven't had much time in game recently to PEQ being down and other issues. Once I set a dev server up on my pc I will get to work trying to fix these issues.