Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 09-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Item editor works great, thanks Georges

Last edited by Jibbatwinkers; 09-11-2008 at 02:15 AM.. Reason: posted in the wrong thread like an idiot
Old 09-11-2008, 01:18 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Default DSL down

Sorry for the webpage going down. I was switching providers and all hell broke loose. Nothing worked and modem even broke. Went to Frys and bought a new Dlink modem and placed a call to figure out the DSL settings. So finally after 3 days, I can now get the the NET. Now the next thing is getting the LAN back up and registered with DynDNS so I can get server back online.

edit 9-16-08 All back for a few days now. See sig for new url

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//

Last edited by GeorgeS; 09-17-2008 at 08:32 AM..
Old 09-16-2008, 10:13 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

George, so how about adding Endurance and Endurance Regeneration to the main screen item info display?

to save space you could put:
Hp, Mana, Endur - on the same line
same goes for:
Hp regen, Mana Regen, Endur regen.

Thanks =)
Old 09-17-2008, 12:30 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Sorry for the late response to your original post. I'm working on the item tool now and will add this in for the next release.

So, what's in store for the next release --

/1/ Ability to copy a toon from one account to another
/2/ Equip a toon from clothing presets from real people's toon data ~900 so far
/3/ Delete a toon from any account
/4/ Save a Toon's Equipment to a (text file) database and then ability
to use that for a Bot or another toon.

GeorgeS

Old 09-17-2008, 01:25 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

thank you George =)
Old 09-28-2008, 09:10 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

somethign else for main display window I thought of:

on the line where you list: Attack Delay for weapons, you may also want to list Range (will be usefull for viewing Arrows, Bows and throwing weapons)
Old 10-03-2008, 11:34 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Everquest Item Editor and Character Inventory Editor
- 14.2.6 - Added feature to copy and paste toons to another account. Very easy and simply to use

This is a large update and took weeks to write. The toon copying is done but a few features will be added like dynamic name changing.

Also added range, endur, and endur_regen to display window now as requested.

GeorgeS

Old 10-04-2008, 02:04 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Perfect =)
Old 10-28-2008, 08:27 AM
mplayer254
Sarnak

Default Amazing

GeorgeS, your tools are amazing, and this one in particular has been such a huge help. I have always wanted to be able to customize some things about EQ and your editors have been a godsend. The one thing I have not been able to do after watching these forums and using all the tools the community has come out with (Thank you Cavedude, your server pack is awesome) is being able to easily edit a book's text. I have looked all over the forums and wiki, and unless I am missing a thread somewhere this is all I have found:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...highlight=book
Somewhat helpful, except that I am not familiar with SQL (which I am guessing is what he "went into" to make the book), so I have no idea how to do what the poster is describing.

Bit more helpful, was able to do what Dudeman did and edit an existing book but still not foolproof for someone like myself that doesn't know what he's doing.

Anyway, I also scanned the Wiki and found nothing more on how to actually create a custom book. My question for GeorgeS is, is there any possibility of adding the ability to modify book text to your item editor, or is there anyone out there that could write a short tutorial on how to do it? I am rebuilding my database to include some custom content and clean up a ton of quests, and plan on posting it once it is done and I learn hot to extract it. Anyway, sorry for the long winded post, and thank you all so much for the work you've done, it is incredible!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:03 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplayer254 View Post
GeorgeS, your tools are amazing, and this one in particular has been such a huge help. I have always wanted to be able to customize some things about EQ and your editors have been a godsend. The one thing I have not been able to do after watching these forums and using all the tools the community has come out with (Thank you Cavedude, your server pack is awesome) is being able to easily edit a book's text. I have looked all over the forums and wiki, and unless I am missing a thread somewhere this is all I have found:

Somewhat helpful, except that I am not familiar with SQL (which I am guessing is what he "went into" to make the book), so I have no idea how to do what the poster is describing.

Bit more helpful, was able to do what Dudeman did and edit an existing book but still not foolproof for someone like myself that doesn't know what he's doing.

Anyway, I also scanned the Wiki and found nothing more on how to actually create a custom book. My question for GeorgeS is, is there any possibility of adding the ability to modify book text to your item editor, or is there anyone out there that could write a short tutorial on how to do it? I am rebuilding my database to include some custom content and clean up a ton of quests, and plan on posting it once it is done and I learn hot to extract it. Anyway, sorry for the long winded post, and thank you all so much for the work you've done, it is incredible!
the book is an item. whats writen inside a book is stored in books.tbl table which corespand to the property of the field "book" in items table

so take any book in item editor and look at "book" field and you will see the short id name of the book text

then open mySQL browser. and simply open books table, find row with the same name and edit away like in notepad
Old 10-28-2008, 04:39 PM
trevius
Developer

This is getting off-topic for GeorgeS' Tools. But, here is the wiki page for the books table:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...uDBSchemabooks

Try installing Navicat and looking at the table with it. It shouldn't be hard to figure out what to do by looking at the other examples. You will probably want to copy a book or 2 into Notepad so you can view them and/or edit them to create a new book's text.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:32 AM
mplayer254
Sarnak

Thanks all, I was able to get Navicat, find the Books Table and modify a few existing notes/books, but I was wondering if anyone has had this issue: when I create a new book in GeorgeS's item editor, I am unable to then find the shortname entered in the copy/edit screen for the new item in the Books table. If this is off topic, please feel free to move my post, I thought perhaps GeorgeS might have some insight on this so I posted it here. Chaosslayer and Trevius, thanks for the help!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:40 AM
mplayer254
Sarnak

Tried to just edit post but couldn't, I realized as soon as I went back into to Navicat that there was a big "+" button staring me in the face in the table view window Added the shortname field I wanted and am testing now on the server. Thanks for going easy on me after my first post!
Old 02-07-2009, 12:12 AM
spider661
Discordant

i noticed in 292 they changed the aug slots in the item field name is this going to affect the editor im guessing it will are you planing on doing an update.. or is the source code up to date so i can make the change? also my npc editor has not worked for changing spawn timers seance they changed how spawns work is there going to be a fix soon? i have had to do all the changes in navicat and my other gms don't know how to do that lol
Old 02-08-2009, 05:42 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I'm working on the changes.
Should'nt be more than a day or so to get it done

I'm trying to find the latest items.sql, can someone point me to the link please.

GeorgeS

Last edited by GeorgeS; 02-08-2009 at 10:57 PM..