Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's > Tutorials--Outdated Use the Wiki > Tutorials::Discussion

Tutorials::Discussion Discuss Tutorials here. Do NOT POST tutorials here, they belong on the wiki.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:28 PM
ubatch
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zauis
It seems to me like your eqhost is on port 5998 and you are creating a 5994 type server. I dont know anything about a 6.0 type server but if you are sure thats the version client you have then try changing eqhost to port 5994.
Ok, now it's hanging at "Logging in to the server. Please wait..."

When you log in to the server, is there any activity in the World.exe window or zone windows? I'm getting none, hehe...Again, its not going into the server select at all =/
Old 08-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubatch
Ok, now it's hanging at "Logging in to the server. Please wait..."

When you log in to the server, is there any activity in the World.exe window or zone windows? I'm getting none, hehe...Again, its not going into the server select at all =/
world.exe should say something like new client logging in on blablabla..
So you should see yourself trying to log in..So maybe your server isnt "hearing" you at all. Maybe check your port settings in login and 5bootzones.
I run everything localhost and just set my server to public. But thats me. Thats not really the right way but it works.

EDIT>>Thats how a 6.1 looks. I dont really know what a 6.0 says but I suspect the same thing(new client logging in/ect...).

Last edited by Dr Zauis; 08-30-2005 at 12:21 AM..
Old 08-30-2005, 08:24 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Uhh yeah hey guys. It's been a long time since I've been around. I've been playing WoW recently, and I haven't worked on eqemu in such a long time. I'd like to get my setup guide back up to date, so if anyone can you know, PM me with what the most up to date and compatable database(s) are, what the new loginserver port/address is, then I'll work on getting my guide up to date (most likely a .pdf or .doc file which I will host for download on my website.