Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-08-2004, 05:42 AM
Dagarath
Fire Beetle

Default The struggle between good and evil

Hi, I'm currently in the process of creating a new server, we are using PEQ_classic_058.sql as our db with npctypes, spawn2, spawngroups and spawnentry erased.

I am manually inputting pok like portals and all of the sol, pop, ldon, etc zones as well. We are using force loading for the models, and attempting to not only remap the entire face of the world, but to create a feeling like you are at a raid for 90% of the game.

This server will have 3 team guildwars, Good, Evil, and Neutral.
Some neutral races will be indifferent + to evil guards, and the only way to change your faction rating is to raid your enemies city.

I currently have two fine GM's helping me out on this, if anyone would like to help us with spawning, quests, or help me with the db PM me, send me an email, or come log on my server.

This is shaping up to be a lot of fun, all are welcome to be a part of it =)
Old 10-08-2004, 05:45 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Why erase the npctypes.. you might as well just erase the whole db.. Erase grids while your at it because without npctypes why would u need the same pathing as live. o.O
Old 10-08-2004, 06:05 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Quote:
Some neutral races will be indifferent + to evil guards, and the only way to change your faction rating is to raid your enemies city.
makes me remember something...

G'luck on your server!

Have fun,
Magoth
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 10-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Dagarath
Fire Beetle

i tried erasing grids, im not all that good at this stuff and i got problems when i erased grids so I dunno... I dont even know how to spawn properly according to what someone said today, so if anyone wants to show me how lol.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoth78
Quote:
makes me remember something...
Yeah reminds me alot of the Aftermath server.