Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2008, 08:41 PM
moydock
Discordant

Default Armor material updates not being sent

Armor material/color changes aren't updating to other people in the zone in a few instances, here's what i've found.
-When right-clicking loot off a corpse (autoloot/equip) updates aren't sent.
-When you take armor off updates aren't being sent.

-The only time they seem to be sent, is when you directly equip an item, or auto-equip it by manually left clicking the auto-equip area. Or, if it's a helmet it seems to update no matter what. Possibly because helmets were redone awhile back when they broke.
-If you zone, or the player looking at you zones in, after you make the changes, then they can see you properly. So the zone server is registering the changes properly, they just aren't being sent to other clients in the zone.

I've looked through this code a bunch but this stuff is pretty advanced for me. I can't seem to figure out exactly how this stuff is working. I've been trying to figure out how it's handled when you equip something normally so I can apply that to the code when your looting something, and also when you take something off. So hopefully someone else can figure this out or point me in the right direction. Thanks.