Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Clyo
Fire Beetle

I am new to EQemu and I'm very thrilled about a classic server. In fact, I stopped playing EQ because, like many others, I think they got it all wrong after Velious. So count me in for beta testing this! I know old players that would come back anytime for a true classic server (my husband for sure and about 4 other friends).

Call us masochists, we liked old grinding, death penalties, slow leveling and all the BAD that made EQ the BEST. After trying a lot of mmorpg's I still think EQ was the king and not because it was new at the time. It gave us a real challenge, it was tough and community was very important. I learned with time that nice graphics and fancy particles doesn't make a game.

So good luck and see you soon (off to create a character to beta test).
Old 03-05-2009, 09:34 PM
kantan01
Fire Beetle

Great. Make sure you register on the boards. See you there.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Badlin
Fire Beetle

I'm game sign me up
got 6 classic players down to contribute some time and knowledge towards building the game we all love and remember
Old 03-15-2009, 12:57 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Greets, thanks for interest in the server.

A LOT of work has been done over the past month and it looks a lot more like classic eq Beta testers are doing a great job of finding obscure things, and the details on some of it is simply amazing.

Mostly done with everything prekunark now.. working on aethestics and tweaking things

Currently looking for :
- a little scripting help
- someone familiar with eqinterface to help/advise a project
- and, as always, classic information. as great as waybackmachine is, some of the information we need is simply not available. spawn timers, which mobs see invis, and any other minutiae you feel you can contribute.

Come by our beta testing forums, currently located at
http://classicbetatest.guildlaunch.com for any questions, comments, or suggestions!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:28 PM
sarasi
Fire Beetle

Default classic

I have been looking for just this type of server play. as soon as I recieve my eq titanium in mail and get set up I will definately be there
Old 03-21-2009, 11:43 AM
kantan01
Fire Beetle

All of us non script writers are testing quests at the moment. It seems like we are getting pretty close! Some of the outdoor zones need some tweaking too. So come on and help if you are willing and able!
Old 04-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Default Update!

Just an updated...

Server is coming along nicely,

Merchant/vendor list have been almost completely redone & fallen back to a more classic state.

Tons of quests have been fixed.

And the dragons & gods have been scripted back into their 1999 goodness, silly raider procs are for kids.

Ongoing work consists of quests, pathing, mob drops & general non-classicness crushing.

Stop by and say hi sometime! Or even better, log in and give a hand!!

feel free to stop by the forums at http://classicbetatest.guildlaunch.com
Old 04-03-2009, 01:26 PM
PathToEternity
Fire Beetle

IRC is 1999 on the emulator IRC
Old 04-03-2009, 08:48 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Thanks guys for your words of support

The server makes a lot of progress every day.. and I can't wait for it to be finished.

Still looking for:
- advice on source fixes for original game mechanics.. have compiled quite a list
- more perl scripters
- good classic info.. I know somewhere exists a dusty binder.. that has the spawn times of each zone. :P

New addition to the server.. original spell gems. Don't know of anywhere else these exist, but work has been done and we have some functional ones up.

nilbog
http://classicbetatest.guildlaunch.com
Old 04-04-2009, 05:32 PM
joeyftw
Fire Beetle

looks awesome. cant wait for server to launch.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:55 AM
clericgildina
Fire Beetle

Wow. This server has peaked my interest. It could be awesome going through and doing everyone's quest armor (Totemic, Crafted etc.) I took a look at your boards and everyone seems very enthusiastic. It looks like I am going to play on both Storm Haven and on this server!

Any ETA when you will be launching?
Old 04-15-2009, 02:03 PM
clericgildina
Fire Beetle

Hey just a few questions:

I registered on your boards and I can't post not sure why. I did all the confirmation and stuff but can't seem to get it to work.

I was thinking about Classic EQ since I saw these server details and I really want to play on this server when it gets up and running. I started going though a list of quests/gear I would likely go after early on and I realized something. How the hell did people get Magic weapons in Classic EQ to kill Willowisps/Ghouls etc?

Part of what I want to do involves killing ghouls which are immune to mundane weapons haha. So where early on could a Shaman get a 1HB or Spear that is tagged as magical? Haha. I realize as a Shaman I could just use offensive magics and not weapons but kind of want to keep my options open haha.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:51 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Quote:
Any ETA when you will be launching?
when my beta testers stop finding things :p work is done everyday.. so it only gets better.

Quote:
I registered on your boards and I can't post not sure why.
After registering, you also need to use the "apply to guild" option on the homepage.

Quote:
How the hell did people get Magic weapons in Classic EQ to kill Willowisps/Ghouls etc?
You're in luck. I have these mobs tagged as immune to non magic dmg. Personally, I saved up and bought a combine long sword. :p It was expensive at the time.

Look forward to seeing you around.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

We are still looking for a C++ coder to help us out for a bit. If you are familiar with the source and have a some spare time we'd appreciate the assistance!

And I wouldn't argue with some more assistance on the perl side of things either =D.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:58 PM
askyn
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by clericgildina View Post
Hey just a few questions:

I registered on your boards and I can't post not sure why. I did all the confirmation and stuff but can't seem to get it to work.

I was thinking about Classic EQ since I saw these server details and I really want to play on this server when it gets up and running. I started going though a list of quests/gear I would likely go after early on and I realized something. How the hell did people get Magic weapons in Classic EQ to kill Willowisps/Ghouls etc?

Part of what I want to do involves killing ghouls which are immune to mundane weapons haha. So where early on could a Shaman get a 1HB or Spear that is tagged as magical? Haha. I realize as a Shaman I could just use offensive magics and not weapons but kind of want to keep my options open haha.

Combine weapons, dropped weapons, come quested ones, Monks fists become able hit magic after couple of lvls.

Then you have spells of course etc.