Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 06-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Very nice work, many thanks
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:33 AM
iwantavr4
Sarnak

holy mo! I didnt realise you were still working on it! Woo hoo, i will have to test this out when i get back to my room tonight. Thanks alot!! Did you happen to find out what the problem was by chance..?
Old 06-12-2005, 12:38 AM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Default Yes

It was what I had posted before. I put the updated source and updated .exe files on my download page.

-Suede-
Old 06-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Oh got one more thing for ya , Augs were working in the 6.0 but wont work now. If you get a chance to check that out

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 06-12-2005, 01:02 AM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Default I need more info...

What exactly is not working? Can you not aug anything, or what??? Please be as descriptive as possible, and I'll try to fix the problem. Where is a place you can aug in Cavedude's db, so I can test them myself?

Thanks,
-Suede-
Old 06-12-2005, 01:14 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Well , I made an augment "birdbath" not sure what it is really called but it is found under Object in the database and its objectname is IT10714_ACTORDEF type 53 , It may be something in the database or in the code im not sure but I can open it ok and insert an item and an augment but when I click insert the box comes up saying are you wish to INSERT this and I click yes and then nothing happens . I dont really see an actuall augmnet place in the database as I believe they are just found under items . Im not sure if this info helps at all and sorry I wasnt more discriptive earlier. Oh and there where none of these "birdbaths " in cavedudes database that I could find so I had to insert one myself. Item number 41054 is an Exuisite Pearl of Magiacal Warding thats good to try with as it fits in all slot types

Edit: if you need an sql to put a birdbath in I can give you one .

Game Gallery

My Forums

Last edited by Sakrateri; 06-12-2005 at 09:21 AM..
Old 06-12-2005, 01:21 AM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Default Ok

This one may take some time, but I'll get to checking it out... Are there any "birdbaths" in the PEQ DB? I doubt ti because it's just through Velious, but I'll see what I can do. Keep the bugs coming. I am also looking into the AAs, but I am not exactly sure how they are working in the DB... I know they worked fine in 0.6.0 DR2 with a few bugs, but I can't get them to work on this 0.6.1 DR1... Anyways, I am working all those issues.

-Suede-
Old 06-12-2005, 02:42 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Yes , they are in the velious database , thats where I took teh info from to add one to my 6.1 database, And thanks alot !

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 06-12-2005, 06:08 PM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri
Yes , they are in the velious database , thats where I took teh info from to add one to my 6.1 database, And thanks alot !
I checked it out using the PEQ db, and you are right they are broken. I think it might just be an opcode problem, because whenever I tried to aug something I got an opcode error on the zone server. I'll see if I can figure out what the opcode is and what the opcode name is. I think I am going to write something to tell me what the unknown opcode is, so that I can at least give it a name such as OPAugmentItem or something...

-Suede-
Old 06-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Ok great, thanks alot !

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 06-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Hatrack
Fire Beetle

Could you look into why weapon procs and worn effects such has haste don't seem to work? Have tried the PEQ and Cavedude's database with many versions of 6.1(Nice getting rid of petstruct error!) and in none of them will a weapon proc for a PC or haste items like FBSS work. If you pick the procing weapon or haste item up and #itemfinfo they all have generic 65535 spellID, 0 proc level , and 0x00 EffectType like a mundane item. The item link shows info right such as what level it procs and info about the proc effect.

Right clickable items like Journeyman's Boots do work and show all the right info on #iteminfo, and strangely if an NPC has a procing weapon equipped it seems to work. A tentacle terror with a Tentacle whip will proc the lifetap, but if you take the whip and #iteminfo it the info is generic and the weapon will never proc for you. Any ideas?
Old 06-16-2005, 09:09 PM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrack
Could you look into why weapon procs and worn effects such has haste don't seem to work? Have tried the PEQ and Cavedude's database with many versions of 6.1(Nice getting rid of petstruct error!) and in none of them will a weapon proc for a PC or haste items like FBSS work. If you pick the procing weapon or haste item up and #itemfinfo they all have generic 65535 spellID, 0 proc level , and 0x00 EffectType like a mundane item. The item link shows info right such as what level it procs and info about the proc effect.

Right clickable items like Journeyman's Boots do work and show all the right info on #iteminfo, and strangely if an NPC has a procing weapon equipped it seems to work. A tentacle terror with a Tentacle whip will proc the lifetap, but if you take the whip and #iteminfo it the info is generic and the weapon will never proc for you. Any ideas?
If that't the case it looks mor elike a DB problem than anything. Especially if it has the wrong spell id, etc... I will see what I can do though. I have a couple other projects along the side as well as this one now, so it may be a while until I get a fix or proper answer. I will be looking into it though.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:53 AM
sonicintuition
Hill Giant

Hey,

Just wanted to send a BIG THANK YOU for all of your hard work on these issues - it's a Godsend for those of us who lack the coding skills to figure it out for ourselves. You've been entirely unselfish and helpful in this venture, and we all appreciate it bigtime. Thank you again!

Unfortunately, however I did find a few things. I figured I'd ask, not to sound unappreciative but I'm just wondering why Windows throws an error at me when I close zone.exe? This started on 6.0 DR3 and continues to this day. I realize this isn't a big deal, however it kind of is when you consider I get kicked out of EQ to close these stupid error windows.

Another question I have, or something I noticed, was that when using #zsave, I get "Config for somezone NOT saved!" ...can't figure that one out. Any ideas?

Again, I don't mean to sound unnappreciative, just a couple things that were kinda getting to me. Any comments on this, whether or not they can be fixed, are welcome. Thanks again for all your hard work

Regards,
Sonic
Old 06-17-2005, 08:46 PM
arigo
Fire Beetle

To fix procing, haste and a few other commands first replace
Code:
GetProcChances(ProcChance, ProcBonus);
Around line 2387 in mob.cpp with
Code:
ProcChance = GetProcChances(ProcChance, ProcBonus);
Around line 213 in bonuses.cpp replace

Code:
      if(common.ProcChance > 0) {
		newbon->ProcChance += common.(I forgetwhat was here);
	         }
with

Code:
if(common.ProcRate > 0) {
		newbon->ProcChance += common.ProcRate;
	}
in command.cpp around line 4142/3 replace
Code:
c->Message(0, "  Magic: %i  SpellID: %i  Proc Level: %i DBCharges: %i  CurCharges: %i", item->Common.Magic, item->Common.Click.Effect, item->Common.Click.Level, item->Common.MaxCharges, inst->GetCharges());
With
Code:
c->Message(0, "  Magic: %i  SpellID: %i  Proc Level: %i DBCharges: %i  CurCharges: %i", item->Common.Magic, item->Common.Proc.Effect, item->Common.Proc.Level, item->Common.MaxCharges, inst->GetCharges());
AND Replace
Code:
c->Message(0, "  EffectType: 0x%02x  CastTime: %.2f", (int8) item->Common.Click.Type, (double) item->Common.CastTime/1000);
with
Code:
c->Message(0, "  EffectType: 0x%02x  CastTime: %.2f", (int8) item->Common.Proc.Type, (double) item->Common.CastTime/1000);
Around lines 182/183 in bonuses.cpp replace
Code:
if(common.Click.Type == ET_WornEffect) {
		if(newbon->haste < (sint8)item->Common.Haste)
			newbon->haste = item->Common.Haste;
WITH
Code:
if(newbon->haste < (sint8)item->Common.Haste){
			newbon->haste = item->Common.Haste;
I have the feeling I'm forgetting something but I don't know what. I want to find the opcode for /assist, but I don't know how to start.

Last edited by arigo; 06-18-2005 at 04:53 AM..
Old 06-18-2005, 02:29 AM
SuedeWorthey
Sarnak

Default Awesome Work

Awesome Work Arigo. I have incorporated your changes into my build, and released the update_zone.rar on my website. Well, gimme 10 mins... It's up on the Steel Psychos site. I am going to revamp the site a bit to make it more EMU-Oriented...

Last edited by SuedeWorthey; 06-18-2005 at 11:11 AM..