Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2007, 11:25 PM
AndMetal
Developer

Default An all-purpose PHP-based tool ("custom")

First and foremost, by no means in this "tool" complete. If anything, I would consider this to still be in the alpha/beta stages of development. However, I figure since it helps me a lot, I would share it with the community.

I have put together several different PHP-based tools to allow myself to view and edit information in the EQ Emu server database a lot easier than using a generic tool to directly access and modify it. It also allows me to make changes to my server wherever I am, and is platform independent (which can also mean accessing from mobile phones, at least to a certain extent )

Unfortunately, they are all fairly interconnected, so it isn't quite practical to release each as separate tools.

Completed functionality:
None yet :(

Beta functionality:
View a list of accounts
View a list of characters (also by account & sortable)
View characters, including a complete inventory, stats (sort of), skills, AA's, buffs, memorized spells, and the complete spell book (made to look relatively close to the in-game UI)
Edit items on a merchant (based on merchantid)
View petitions

Alpha functionality:
View, search for, and edit items (is missing several fields)
Restore a character from a backup (not very user friendly currently)
Add and edit NPC types (need to make more user friendly)
Create a table for spells (including creating all 202 columns & importing directly from spells_us.txt, no user input currently)

Future functionality:
Add more functionality to account list (add sorting, change status/password)
Create spawn points for NPCs
Edit characters
Modify/work petitions
And much more I'm sure

A direct link for what will be the "latest" download is here: http://www.andmetal.net/eqemu/custom/custom.zip

I will also keep a list of all versions here: http://www.andmetal.net/eqemu/custom/

I will also see if I can put some screenshots up of what some of the pages look like in action.

I will also try to add information to the Wiki to help anyone trying to create similar tools (my page in the Wiki)