Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Evac and #zone problems?

Is it just me or did #zone stop working ? I can get it to work with coords added, but all I know is #zone 0 0 0 .
Also I tried Evac with #castspell, nothing happened, aside from the text that said it was working.
This is with the newest source.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:12 AM
WildcardX
Developer

This bug appears limited to only the venerable 0.6.2 client. The Titanium client appears to be working as intended.

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:57 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I see, well guess me and a few others have to back off a version or two then.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:19 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Ah, shoot. I'd noticed this as well, and even sent Wild a PM about it. I thought it might be just me.

Thanks for narrowing down the cause, at least. And thanks for the work-around, Angelox
Old 01-26-2008, 06:21 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

We might get it fixed, I'm wishing anyways.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:33 AM
iggi
Sarnak

DANG, I don't have titanium, I only have each individual expansion : (
Old 01-26-2008, 02:01 PM
WildcardX
Developer

We are working diligently towards adding "similar" functionality to the 6.2 client, but at this time it doesn't look like it will be equal functionality. This is because the 6.2 client isn't responding to a packet like the Titanium client is that allowed me to add the zoning feature for evac/succor that is consistent with live.

To add this same level of functionality to the 6.2 client, we'd need to discover a packet that we do not have.

I suspect the best we can do for the 6.2 client is to add an intra-zone movement to the safe coords that doesn't cause a proper zoning of the 6.2 client. No doubt this will mean, that like before, aggro will not be cleared in all situations for players using the 6.2 client.

What does this have to do with the #zone command you ask? The changes I made send a different packed if you just type #zone nexus depending if you are in the nexus zone or not.

Anyway, I hope those of you who have the 6.2 client understand that there may be some limitations in this matter and we do not want to dummy down the new functionality we have achieved for the Titanium client to accommodate the 6.2 client.

Quote:
Old 01-26-2008, 04:17 PM
iggi
Sarnak

I'm not so worried about the extra bells and whistles ad I am about just being able to zone. someway or another I will find a way to get titanium for extras.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:39 PM
So_1337
Dragon

That's the way things go, and there's no need to apologize. It's hard to code for twelve different versions of something, and there's a reason that things stop receiving support after awhile.

The only reason I really cared about finding the 0.6.2 client instead of Titanium was originally because of giants having cyclops heads. Then I heard it was more stable than the Titanium client and stuck with it. Is there really more reason than that? I'll ditch it without too much hesitation, especially if future updates are going to be centered around the Titanium client.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:57 PM
WildcardX
Developer

We're not talking about dropping the 6.2 client. But I think its fair to say we have progressed maybe a little further with Titanium. This is a problem for the 6.2 client, but I am still evaluating this particular issue and will code the best possible workaround to accommodate both the 6.2 and Titanium clients.

Quote:
Old 01-26-2008, 07:30 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Aye, sorry. Just saying that I understand if that becomes the case over time. You've got me wondering now if some of the crashes I've seen have anything to do with missing op codes that could be explained by the difference in clients. But nothing to derail this thread with, my apologies Your work is appreciated as always.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Actually, it's not that big of a deal - My dilemma was with Titanium bugs like the twisted head problem and thats all been fixed.
Here's some Titaniums for sale for under 20.00
Old 01-27-2008, 06:11 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Haha. I have it, I just used the 0.6.2 client because I heard it was more stable. Heck, I even just ordered a copy online this week for a friend. I didn't realize twisted heads were fixed! Damn you code wizards and your wonderful voodoo
Old 01-27-2008, 06:25 AM
WildcardX
Developer

I tested one solution that will make both 6.2 and Titanium clients zone consistent with live and identical to one another. I am going to code another solution now and see which one works the best. Either way, I believe I'll commit a patch to this issue tonight and it should be available by tomorrow.

To do this, we are all going to have to live with the zoning message not being correct ("Entering Plane of War" could be displayed instead of the correct zone) during an evac/succor spell as well as perhaps the #zone command.

Quote:
Old 01-27-2008, 06:32 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Maybe change that text to say a more general message, like " Entering new zone ..."