Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:28 AM
trevius
Developer

Default Bard AA Sionachie's Crescendo Bug/Zone Crash

If a bard purchases this AA, it immediately causes the bard and the zone it is in to crash. From that point on, there is no way to log the bard back in. Any attempt to log the bard in will cause the zone to crash.

Until that AA is fixed or removed, the only work around I have found for it is to log the bard completely off and change their class to warrior and then log them in as a warrior. Then, have your GM character do a #refundaa on them to remove any spent AAs. Then, log the bard (warrior) completely off again and change them back to bard again. Then the character can log in without causing zone crashes.

The way I do it is to move the character to one of my accounts and log them in and do the changes then move them back to whoever's account it was to begin with.

It took me a while to isolate this problem, but after much testing I was able to make 100% sure that this is the issue causing it. I am able to duplicate it everytime. As soon as the bard trains that AA, the zone crashes.

At first I thought it was maybe because there is an apostrophe in the name, but then I tried other AA's on the bard with apostrophes and they worked fine. I then tested every single bard AA possible and they all work fine (or at least don't cause crashes/bugs) accept for this one AA.

I would suggest either removing the AA from the next build release or fixing whatever is causing the crash. Either way should be fine.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:06 AM
trevius
Developer

Pretty sure I figured this one out and corrected it, but I won't be rebooting my server until tomorrow so I can confirm 100% that it did infact fix it. But, this makes sense to me as to why it would cause this problem.

The issue doesn't appear to be a code problem at all. It seems that the problem is with the PEQ database that I used to populate my aa_effects table. If this hasn't been fixed in the newer releases, then maybe Cavedude should check into it. Anyway, here is what I did to fix it so that anyone else with this problem can fix it as well.

In the aa_effects table, I found the following information looks like a typo for the effect on aaid 568 which is the effect ID for Sionachie's Crescendo. The typo is marked in red:

Code:
id	aaid	slot	effectid	base1	base2
321	658	1	129	5	0
322	659	1	129	10	0
323	570	1	129	15	0
It looks like the aaid was typed with the 6 and 5 in the wrong places. Here is the correct table information and what you should set it to in order to fix it. The correction is noted in red:
Code:
id	aaid	slot	effectid	base1	base2
321	568	1	129	5	0
322	569	1	129	10	0
323	570	1	129	15	0
I compared the table information to the Extended Notes AA which is the AA that Sionachies has as a pre-req and it is the same type of AA. The Extended Notes AA is setup the way that I put the correction noted above.

I will reply here to confirm that this fix worked sometime after I reboot my server tomorrow. But I am pretty confident this will fix it. I tested to see if it would work without a reboot and it definitely didn't.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:43 AM
AndMetal
Developer

I'm using version 1106 of the PEQ DB from CVS, and I can confirm that the wrong values are in it.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 05-16-2008, 11:04 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I can't believe I missed that. It's fixed on PEQ, and will be in the next CVS dump.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:24 PM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Wow, thanks Trevius. Updated my database.

Found this thread cause Im searching for ways that pvp will crash zones, cause I want to make a pvp zone event, but I remember last time I had pvp in #zone arena and someone was able to crash the zone, probably with a spell or proc effect during pvp. Will continue researching that old probably from a few months ago before creating/releasing new idea for pvp event.

-Hunter
Old 05-19-2008, 09:44 AM
So_1337
Dragon

A fix for this one finally. Great work, Trevius!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:31 PM
trevius
Developer

LOL! I knew it was one of you guys that had this problem with your GF's bard. I kept thinking it was AndMetal or Aramid for some reason. I was looking for the post so I could make sure whoever it was with the problem was now aware of the fix. Glad you found the thread, So_1337!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:54 AM
So_1337
Dragon

She remade as a warrior anyway, and just moved her gear over =P Nice to know she can go back without crashing everything and everyone, though.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Awesome fix Trev! I threw this in my DB thanks for solving a wave of headaches for me.