Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:17 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

Default Da Pirate's Cove A Classic Legit Dungeon Progression Server.

http://dpp.2ksite.com

Long title I know, I have been reluctant to release the info on my server for a few weeks as I'm rather new to the whole server op scene, but i've got the server onto linux and have more than half the level content fine tuned and I'm ready for beta testers to come on in and give me some feedback. As most of you know, it seems that most of the classic type servers are just given up on just as people are really starting to enjoy them. I would like to say that I have no thoughts of giving up on this project or bringing down the server cause I get bored. With that said onto the goods.

A little about the server and what it will become:

The vision I have for the server is basically a straight progression through content featuring mainly dungeons as well as some of the more popular outdoor zones which I am customizing. Kunark and its predecessors will be unlocked through server progression ie... certain boss kills which I will announce.

As per classic the max level is 50, classic models are forced and non classic races and classes are not in game.

Classic items and armor, earn ancient items long forgotten - all old quest items and drops that are not in a dungeon are added in game on npc bosses and randomized on those bosses by their appropriate level. This includes all removed items.

Two spell merchants one for 1-25 spells and another for 26-50 spells all spells are hand picked and all non classic spells removed.

Zone lines are disabled. I did this for many reasons but mainly to get the server going without having to go through countless zones which many will never go to anyway. I'm always interested to hear feeback so if anyone has a zone they really miss or want in game I will go through it, tune it, and add a porter to it.

And of course this is a LEGIT server so no MQ or MQ2 will be allowed period. Boxing for the moment is allowed and it will be decided as a whole when the server goes fully live (non beta) what the ip limitation will be, currently it is set to 5 per ip.

Server Hardware:

Dedicated Toshiba Laptop running on a 2g AMD Turion64 x2 with 2g of ram
Current Running Linux Debian i386 99% uptime

Thanks much for taking the time to read this and hope to see some of you soon!
Old 06-21-2008, 06:39 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

Small update, always looking to fix new bugs as they are found. All content up to level 40 now in game, including a level 20+ armor set quest for all classes.

Cazic-Thule is now in game and tuned to be as much like it was in 99 as possible awaiting players level 30+
Old 06-22-2008, 02:23 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

Progressive Dungeon Tree:

Phase One: (lvl 1-10)
- Befallen
- Qeynos Catacombs

Phase Two: (10-20)

- Crushbone
- Black Burrow
- Kerra Isle

Phase Three (20-30)

- Upper Guk
- Runny Eye
- Unrest
- Najena's Lair

Phase Four: (30-40)

- Solusek's Eye
- Warrens
- The Temple of Cazic-Thule
- Infected Paw

Phase Five: (40-50)

- The Battle for Kelethin
- The Battle for High Keep
- Castle Mistmoore
- Ruins of Old Guk

Phase Six: (50+/raid)

- Nagafen's Lair
- Permafrost Keep
- The Hole
- Kedge Keep
(once all bosses are downed, planes are opened)

Phase Seven: (50+/raid)

- Plane of Hate
- Plane of Fear
- Plane of Sky
- (possibly working on a custom plane to add to this)

As is these are the dungeons im using for progression. I am also looking into the idea of adding a solo style outdoor zone per each phase and looking into which zones would best fit. Ever awaiting more feedback!
Old 06-23-2008, 11:55 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

Some updates went in today:

Replacing many of the newer looking weapon models with classic ones (swords, daggers ect) looking for more all the time and changing them back as we find them.
Added a new solo friendly zone for level 1-5 to help them get started, noticed alot of corpses in befallen... also retuned the ent of befallen with many more level 1s and 2s.
Our new quest writer Xanderoth has wrote up a few nice custom quests with custom rewards that will be added in tonight (of course sticking to classic item strengths)
Old 06-26-2008, 02:03 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

couldn't help myself lol

more server shots located here: http://dpp.2ksite.com/viewforum.php?f=15
Old 09-16-2008, 11:22 PM
tanith54
Fire Beetle

Default This May sound Noobish

I am New to EverQuest Privates How do i get on them?????
Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 AM
trevius
Developer

This was a public server, but it doesn't exist anymore. Read the FAQ linked in my sig for more information on the emu. Also there are lots of stickies in the general and support sections that will help you get up to speed.