Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:39 PM
kirbycus
Fire Beetle

Default whole zone trains

ive only seen this happen on my monk, but its happened quite frequently, i seem to get the entire zones aggro out of nowhere, at one instance i was actually summoned to Velketor the Sorcerer after hunting on the floor for 10 minutes or so, was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or anything...
Old 08-03-2008, 03:38 AM
trevius
Developer

Feign Death is bugged in the emu. Currently, if you FD and even get the agro clearing message, eventually that agro will come back again and you will get a nasty train. This would be a nice bug to fix, imo. I haven't seen anywhere in the source that is causing this just yet, but I didn't really look too deeply into it. Basically, if you are worried about trains, the only real option is to camp out from time to time on the monk after FDs. At least until this bug is resolved.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:31 AM
James76
Sarnak

fix is coming soon, check the Combat Fixes thread in code submissions.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:58 AM
joligario
Developer

Summoning by Velketor doesn't make sense unless he was already damaged...
Old 09-18-2008, 09:44 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Velketor has Call of the Zero as a spell, he can summon whether he's damaged or not.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
So_1337
Dragon

After speaking with Starsis, a monk on my server, it seems there's a link between this issue and the issue that is causing melee to overflow onto nearby mobs and wake them if mezzed. He's the first person I know of to find the link between the two, and he even tipped me off to a scenario he was experiencing that should give us a method for testing.

Here are the few posts I've made over at PEQ in regards to it. Hopefully his information helps to get this ironed out.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:37 AM
Derision
Developer

A band aid to fix this problem seems to be:

Code:
Index: zone/mob.cpp
===================================================================
--- zone/mob.cpp        (revision 34)
+++ zone/mob.cpp        (working copy)
@@ -1927,8 +1927,9 @@
                        //                      cout << "Mobs currently Aggro: " << zone->MobsAggroCount() << endl;
                }
        }
-       if (GetTarget() == mob)
+       if (GetTarget() == mob && !this->IsClient())
                SetTarget(hate_list.GetTop(this));
+
        return bFound;
 }
 void Mob::WhipeHateList() {
@@ -2323,4 +2324,4 @@
                        val++;
        }
        return val;
-}
\ No newline at end of file
+}
The whole issue seems to be that a hate_list is maintained for the client. (attack something, FD, stand up, target self, #hatelist), and when a player kills a mob, Mob::RemoveFromHateList is called and a new target for the client is chosen from the top of it's hate list, which the patch above stops.

I'm not going to commit my 'band aid', as there may be a better solution regarding hate list management for a client (maybe just clear a client's hate list when he FDs).

Last edited by Derision; 10-03-2008 at 01:39 PM..
Old 10-03-2008, 06:16 AM
Derision
Developer

My alternative approach (wiping the client's hatelist on FD), which also seems to work is:

Code:
Index: client.cpp
===================================================================
--- client.cpp  (revision 34)
+++ client.cpp  (working copy)
@@ -1921,6 +1921,7 @@
                        SetPet(0);
                }
                SetHorseId(0);
+               WhipeHateList();
                entity_list.ClearFeignAggro(this);
                forget_timer.Start(FeignMemoryDuration);
        } else {
Old 10-03-2008, 06:18 AM
trevius
Developer

I think FD is only supposed to clear aggro if you get the "have forgotten you" message or if the mob is not on it's spawn point when you FD, then if it walks back, it will clear aggro as soon as it gets to it's spawn point. At least that is how I remember it from live.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
I think FD is only supposed to clear aggro if you get the "have forgotten you" message or if the mob is not on it's spawn point when you FD, then if it walks back, it will clear aggro as soon as it gets to it's spawn point. At least that is how I remember it from live.
This does not clear mobs aggro. The client has a list of mob's who the player hates (mobs who have hit him). This clears that. The mob aggro towards the player should work just as before.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:49 AM
So_1337
Dragon

I'm surprised that the player has a hatelist of their own that they maintain. That would explain a lot about this issue. I see no reason that clearing the client's hate list with a successful Feign Death should be an issue, as I'm sure players will have their own minds about who they should be upset with =P

Thanks for looking into this! =) I'm excited that this might finally be resolved.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:26 PM
So_1337
Dragon

I would ask that you please look at the rogue AA ability Escape as well. It's meant to work in the same way as Feign Death, by clearing the player off of the hatelist of enemies. However, I was just able to verify through testing that it has the same issue as Feign Death does; the client maintains a hatelist of any mobs that attacked it, and overflow melee will lead to that player attacking an enemy that should've been long forgotten.

Here are the steps that I just took to reproduce this. I encourage anyone else to test it as well:

1) Huscok, a rogue on our server, and I as my SK went to SoldungB.
2) I aggro'd Lord Nagafen and started tanking him. Huscok engaged as well.
3) We backed off around 85%, and Huscok engaged Escape, well out of Nagafen's aggro range. I feigned death. Lord Nagafen's hatelist showed Huscok clear from it as well as myself. Hatelists for Huscok and myself showed Lord Nagafen on it still.
4) Still FD, I moved myself to the zone-in and summoned the rogue. I instructed him to start killing kobolds. I went back to Nagafen and waited, still feign death.
5) I confirmed that Nagafen's hatelist was still clear and that Huscok's still included Nagafen. Nagafen was still at around 90% health, and I predicted that we would see Huscok summoned to him shortly. About 12 kobolds later, that came true. One of his final blows on a kobold landed on Nagafen, and it happened just as before.

I can confidently say that through the observations of Starsis, we have a definite way to recreate this. With Huscok's help, we know now that it also affects other classes with means of clearing aggro.

I hypothesize that bards are afflicted with this same exact issue with their Fading Memories ability. I will conduct further testing.

Thank you very, very much for looking into this, Derision. I know a few people who have given up their monks and bards because they could not consistently clear aggro when it certainly should've been done. I'll keep trying to contribute what I can find.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:24 PM
KLS
Administrator

I'm looking into this further.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:28 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Another thought -- The example I've used from the start of this overflow debacle is, let's pretend you have four attacks per round. The third kills the mob, so the fourth goes to the next thing on your hate list. However, how is it that a mob so far away can be hit with a melee attack? I'm guessing that distance is only checked at the beginning of an attack round, not for each individual attack.

This is more for my own understanding than anything, but I was wanting to confirm my understanding.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:37 PM
KLS
Administrator

Distance is checked once, the problem is that it's overflowing for some reason.