Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 10-08-2008, 12:23 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Default Titles:

Quote:
Originally Posted by From a Previous Discussion
As TheLieka already said, it's probably because we don't have all the opcodes for the title window.
I saw in revision61 that the #title command works. I'm just curious how it is that we've come to have this working, and what kind of functionality to expect.

Seeing as this was a fix by Derision, I thought it reasonable to believe that it was due to the connecting of some previously-neglected op_codes. However, if we're just doing it as a simple way to #title someone and place it into the profile blob, that's fine as well. Anything is better than nothing.

My main reason for starting this thread was for any sort of discussion to have a place and to give the link at the top of this post, where there's a lot of title information stored for anyone who needs it. I'd considered sending Derision a PM on this matter, but figured others would have feedback as well.

Great work, as always, glad to see another missing piece of the EQ puzzle filled in =)

(Sorry for posting without actually checking out the fix first-hand, but there's a VT raid going on that I don't want to interrupt. I'm anxious to install it as soon as they wrap up, though =P)
Old 10-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Derision
Developer

There appears to be two aspects to titles in the source, one is the #title command which sets the AA title in the player profile, and the other relates to a 'Title' table which appears to be based on skill levels and I assume is related to the 'Title Window'.

The change I made only addresses the first aspect, the #title command. This just stores the title in the player profile.

For some reason, the code to copy the player's title into the spawn struct in Client::FillSpawnStruct was commented out. There were also some discrepancies in the code as to whether the title field should be 32 or 48 bytes long.

I simply uncommented the line that was commented out and made sure all operations on the title field worked on a size of 32 bytes (as that is the size in the pp). There were no new Opcodes involved.

There is also a Perl SetAATitle command, but I was unable to get that to work yesterday, probably because I was using it wrong.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:15 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Thank you =) I love knowing the nuts and bolts on stuff like this. Helps to know what to test, so I can give better feedback.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Derision
Developer

$client->SetAATitle("Your Title") works from Perl.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Derision
Developer

After reading back on the forum about titles, I saw AndMetal's pointer to the suffix field in the profile, so I have added a companion command, #titlesuffix.

E.g. If I have a character called Baalinorr, and issue the commands:

Code:
#title Pathfinder
#titlesuffix "Of_Bristlebane"
He looks like this in game:

Old 10-09-2008, 05:00 AM
trevius
Developer

Nice stuff as usual! Just a guess, but I am thinking that if you use the quotes with the suffix command, you don't need to have the underscore in there. The underscore (at least for the #lastname command) is only if you want to enter it without the quotes. I personally never use underscores for lastnames, because they will show up if you run MQ. Most server admins probably don't care about that, but I am just anal :P

Having prefix and suffix titles working is great! I have been waiting to see an option to add titles to a player's title window via quests or AAs, or whatever. Sounds like we are one step closer to having that! At least now we can set a title using quests. And, even if the title window never gets to be fully functional, you could still keep track of player title options by using quest globals, so they could change them at an NPC whenever they liked
Old 10-09-2008, 10:11 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Wow, even better having the suffix. Great stuff!

Quote:
I personally never use underscores for lastnames, because they will show up if you run MQ. Most server admins probably don't care about that, but I am just anal :P
I didn't like doing it that way because players can see it in their player window (the one that displays hitpoints/mana/endurance as well as their name). I've always used quotes to avoid that.