Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 12-15-2008, 12:33 AM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default just an idea on instancing

i remeber back in the day around 57dr6 server. i was playin around with the idea of instancing. i had 2 computers each running its own db (was a replica of the original db i used) i managed to get my character to log into the zone server onthe other computer running the other db. now i had a zone that was spawned with a difernt set of mobs (this was because these other mobs were on the other db). if we could get the server to send all our character data between 2 differnt databases we could have 2 different guka running on 2 differnt machines and still give ooc commands to the rest of the players on the original server.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:49 AM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default what i did for this silly experiment

server(a) running original db and all configuration files pointing at itself.
server(b) running a copy of original db and db congfig pointing at itself and the networking aspects pointing at server(a)

Some how i have managed to get 2 of the same zone runnign at the same time. i could see people in the list with a /who all and they showed to be in the same zone. when i did a /who they were not there. i could still talk to them in ooc. when i tried to zone out the zone server would change to the target zone using the previous zone maps but would put in its place differnt zones spawns.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Rocker8956
Hill Giant

Zone instancing is currently in the SVN code.

One post about it
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...ght=instancing

If you let me know what you are wanting to do with instancing I will try and help.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:39 PM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default custom stuff

i wanted to see if i could get basic instancing done with guka for instance (no pun intended) and mabey have it spawn mobs based on player group average. would it be possible to set the ldon thing so you only need 1 player instead of 3, or is that completely client side?
Old 12-21-2008, 05:46 PM
KLS
Administrator

I've got no idea personally. I've got an idea on expanding the instancing system, but it's a bit involved and gonna take a while. I recently changed how respawn timers work to help facilitate that.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:08 PM
rojadruid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushman77 View Post
i wanted to see if i could get basic instancing done with guka for instance (no pun intended) and mabey have it spawn mobs based on player group average. would it be possible to set the ldon thing so you only need 1 player instead of 3, or is that completely client side?
The one player option would be great. But I belive that this is handled client side, could be wrong though.

Innoruuk Server [legit]
Server Admin.
Server Status: UP