Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 01-14-2011, 08:34 PM
heraldic2
Fire Beetle

Default PoN hedge event

Greetings,

On my private server I am having major issues with the hedge event and am unable to complete the quest as the NPC guide freezes at random intervals during the event.

My question is does anyone have an SQL update that will give me the ability to give chars the hedge flag without having to complete the hedge event.

I see in quests_global a pop_pon_hedge_jezith with value 1, but I am unsure what the correct syntax would be.

Thank you for your time.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:18 PM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

You could do so via a NPC fairly easily. Simply place him where ever you would like or have him spawn under certain conditions. I creatated zone flags for every zone on my server and below is the simple script for the NPC "Knuckles" in Crushbone. The bold is what you would want to flag someone and what goes in the (#) is the zone number.

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text =~ /Hail/i) {
quest::say("Greetings $name. Have you come to [rid] us of the vile Emperor?");
}
if($text =~ /rid/i) {
quest::say("Outstanding! All you have to do is kill Emperor Crushbone then bring me the proof in the form of his head.");
}
}
sub EVENT_ITEM{
#Head of Emporer Crushbone
if($item1== 99001){
quest::say("You have done it $name! May you be graced with the strength of Brell!");
quest::exp(25000);
quest::ding();
quest::set_zone_flag(58 );
$client->Message(15, "You received a character flag!");
}
}
Old 01-15-2011, 02:31 AM
heraldic2
Fire Beetle

Thank you for your response,

So I plant this on a current NPC quest giver, change the text to what I want, item number to what I want, and zone flag to plane of nightmare b?

Will this effect planar progression? The reason I just wanted to give the flag in the database as that would not alter planar progression and writting a simple query I could run it every time I update the database.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Jaekob
Sarnak

To keep planar progression intact you will need to set the global. Simply giving access to PoNb will mess up getting into other zones later on since it requires the global.

To skip the hedge event just place this script on a npc you hail.

Code:
sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text=~/Hail/i)
       {
       quest::say("She lied! She said she would release me if I found my way through the maze! Please, you must defeat her. It is the only way I will ever be free. I can help you escape this maze if you would like to [return]");
       $client->Message(4,"You receive a character flag!");
       quest::setglobal("pop_pon_construct", 1, 5, "F");
       }
}
That is the actual script at the end of the hedge event.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:19 PM
heraldic2
Fire Beetle

Thank you very kindly. I will get that done asap!
Old 01-16-2011, 02:47 AM
heraldic2
Fire Beetle

FYI:

I did as Jaekob suggested and got the flag (after hours of trying to get a toon to do it). I then went into the database and saw the quests_global flag list. I added a new line to the quests_global table adn gave teh same flag to a different character. Did guided meditation. Both the same. Went and killed terris thule. Both the same.

So it looks like if you can go into the quests folder of your eqemu and find the toon that gives the quest you can find the flags that go in the quests_global. ***This will only work for PoP***

Like I said just an FYI