Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-14-2002, 04:55 AM
overlord
Fire Beetle

Default Questions for REAL eq gm/guides (if any play)

i have a question about applying to be a guide. My real eq account was previously owned by a good friend about 2 years ago but gave me account so i didnt have to pay for game and it the only account ive been playing for 2 years. when i apply to be a guide will they hold that against me if so am i able to show original credit card info and an email from original owner saying so. and worse comes to worse are they able to ban my eq account and only let me play as guide? i dont want to ask a GM for the obvious reasons if anyone knows anything about this please let me know im applying to be a guide in about a month.
Old 11-14-2002, 05:25 AM
Korakin
Sarnak

Yes, it will be held against you. Don't mention that your account was given to you.

If you become a guide, your live account will be flagged and you'll become a guide on a certain server. You'll also have some special privs on every server (like seeing invisible GMs).
Old 11-14-2002, 05:32 AM
overlord
Fire Beetle

Default hmm

could i just buy another account and lvl 2 character past 10 or would they not even look at me then (what im basicly asking is do they not care of lvl as long as i have good responses to questions and good customer service reponses?)
Old 11-14-2002, 05:41 AM
guidex
Sarnak

first off being a guide does not let you see a invisable GM

apprentice guides can see invisable apprentice guides

guides can see invisable apprentice guides, and guides

SR guides can see invisable apprentice guides, guides and SR guides

i have no idea what GMs can see ... but im sure it follows same style ... so managment can watch a server GM is needed

a guide can not see a invisable GM in /who or by sight

though a guide can use /find (gm name) to locate a gm or anyone else in eq (atleast they used to)

no you wont get busted for using a friends account ... i did same thing and got accepted ... though they may have changed things since 2 years ago when i guided
Old 11-14-2002, 07:25 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

I was a guide for awhile and personally, I think it's a joke.. They want you to donate 8 hours a week to sitting around watching the guide queues, filling out logs of everything you did, and the net gain is you get a 12$ a month account paid for.

If your incapacitied and desperate for some small amount of power over the lives of 12 year old kids playing eq, then maybe its a worthwhile endeavor...

I did it for a couple of months and said screw it, I didnt feel I was getting a single thing out of it. They usually didnt do much more than complain about how I logged my time.
Old 11-14-2002, 12:11 PM
Korakin
Sarnak

Yes, you will get in trouble if you mention that you're sharing an account (if they know about it). And yes you will be able to see GMs if they're anon.
Old 11-15-2002, 04:04 AM
Hardy
Dragon

If an account that someone else was playing on was givin to you, then yes, you can get banned. Its all in the EULA, read that before you apply, just to be sure you won't get banned
Old 11-15-2002, 04:50 AM
guidex
Sarnak

guides can not see gm is they are using /hideme or /anon ... like i siad earler only /find works

if you saw the gm as a guide then he was not hiding .. if a gm wants to stay hidden you wont see him