Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Misc > Archive::Off Topic

Archive::Off Topic Archive area for Off Topic's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Hardy
Dragon

Default Does this really work?

I was browsing along on the internet and wanted to know a free way to earn alot of plat on the game, seeing as I suck trying to earn it. EQLive btw. So I went to www.google.com and typed in "free eq plat and leveling guides" And one of the first that popped up was http://www.grrlx.com/ I went there and she said just to email her and tell her what you want to know. She will email you back the guide so you don't have to buy it. I just got done emailing her, and was just wondering if anyone else has done this to? Since the guides are copywrite, not much they can do if you email it, just as long as they don't post it on a website. If I recieve her email back, I will post here that it does work. So if your interested, stay tuned
Old 01-08-2003, 03:45 PM
Korakin
Sarnak

Default Blargle?

She'll most likely send you a guide that will tell you to master baking and make fish rolls...sell a stack and you get a little more than a plat back. I heard somehwere that verant nerfed the amount that you got back but you can still make other recipes and make a profit...anyway...it's long, it's boring, i gave up on it a few years ago. If you're willing to invest some money into it, get some macros going. If she doesn't e-mail you the guide, send me an e-mail at Korakineq@yahoo.com. I'll send you it and tell you about the macros.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Hardy
Dragon

Her website reviews all the other Guides out there, that she knows of. She said doing the baking is a lame idea, she has better ways, etc... I really need plat on EQ, I have 8 characters, 1 is equiped. Well kinda 2, but his equip sucks ass. I also downloaded a guide from kazaa, it was the one about the fish thing, lol. I would buy plat from playerauctions.com, if i had money, hehe. I will email ya, and if anyone else has kewl guides or anything they wouldn't mind sharing, my email is hardyeq@kornfreak.com
Old 01-08-2003, 07:10 PM
Korakin
Sarnak

Ok, sent an e-mail and attached a guide so check your inbox. The farming can begin at level 25 (depening on what class you have... ).
Old 01-10-2003, 06:17 PM
capricorn
Fire Beetle

yep
Old 01-11-2003, 12:13 AM
Shawn319
Demi-God

Dont ever send anyone money for a guide. if it sounds too good to be true, IT IS.

99% of those are a scam.

the other 1% are stupid =P

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------
Old 01-11-2003, 09:16 AM
Hardy
Dragon

I would never send money for a guide, thats why I emailed this chick, but I don't think she will ever respond, go figure
Old 01-11-2003, 09:35 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Don't work on what other people think. What they think you obviously will think differently unless its a major exploit, and well we all know how those get leaked and get fixed within hours.

I can say from experience, the best way to earn something is to get it the hard way. If you get a class such as a druid, necromancer, shaman to 60 - (not talking about pop as I quit before it) - you could do anything.

A level 60 shaman could farm WW Dragons if they knew how to play.

If you got a job and your addicted to computers, usually your job revolves around computers.

I had a shaman, I farmed a lot of stuff.. learning where the best stuff that people mostly wanted.. went to my job, made a trader.. and sat him in east commons (this was before bazaar), and I made loads of money.

Back then lodizal shields were about 70k, and shamans if they knew what they were doing could 2box lodizal pretty easily. About 2 spawns a day if your lucky. In a week you get a bag or two full and then you sell it for plat, sell plat online at sites like www.playerauctions.com or www.ebay.com

All this work probably sounds like a lot, but in the end its definately worth it.

I don't know about now a days though.. but if your looking for a dupe exploit, or some easy way out of it, you most likely won't find it.

*edit:*
-- I also agree with shawn, all the guides online started with one guy making a decent one that was worth it back 3 years ago. Lazy people come a long and copy, paste them then sell it 2-3 years later and half of it isn't possible anymore. --
Old 01-14-2003, 08:38 AM
Lucid
Sarnak

you wanna know what worked for a while for me? they prob nerfed it btw.... Make an iksar shaman get him to level 25-30 start smithing with all buffs... start with basics at about (115) you can make banded.at about 170 you can make Cabalis Scale i belive with all your buffs including CHA buff you should be able to sell this stuff back to merchant and get about 5 extra gold per piece this was a long time ago not sure if it still works....takes alot of time and alot of money but it helped me get about 8k at level 27 a long time ago
Old 01-14-2003, 08:42 AM
Lucid
Sarnak

and if that doesnt work..... make really good friends with the richest guy on your server and act really pitaful and act like you cant level and hopefully the rich dude will help you out... this is also a good way to lose him as a friend if your not careful :lol:
Old 01-14-2003, 08:43 AM
Lucid
Sarnak

i mean really i adopted about 5 n00bies as my own back in the day =p
Old 01-14-2003, 09:08 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

cough.. *edit button* :lol: