Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:06 AM
gredesh
Sarnak

Default Interval AC

Was wondering if anyone has messed with the interval AC values in rulesets? I've been trying to get my melee classes dmg output to be faster but it seems interval AC is just having too large of an effect. In the newbie levels everything seems fine. I use level * 7 to calculate an NPC's AC. But by lvl 18 is gets bad and by 25 I'm using level * 2.5, and the npc's are still taking forever to kill. The NPC's seem to do about the right damage, slightly too much maybe. I have even set my base hit chance to be 74% and npcs have a 0% bonus. Anyone else experience similar issues?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:12 AM
gredesh
Sarnak

Also i'll add that HP levels are good because casters kill mobs just fine.
And pc vs pc dmg is good. But it seems npc's are just mitigating too much. npc str/agi/dex levels are at 75. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:16 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

you would be surprised but original (live) NPC AC formula is WAY scarier that *7 =)
Even more, its non linear - it (*X) gets bigger with each level =)

and yes in the rules Interval Ac SHOULD be turned ON - its what causes damage to SCALE, otherwise, AC will ALWAYS provide maximum (100%) possible protection
Old 03-31-2011, 10:24 PM
gredesh
Sarnak

Oh yeah, I know intervalAC should always be on I'm just wondering about the other ones that affect intAC. They aren't in there by default, they need to be added so most probably don't know they exist.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gredesh View Post
Oh yeah, I know intervalAC should always be on I'm just wondering about the other ones that affect intAC. They aren't in there by default, they need to be added so most probably don't know they exist.
Take a look at the NPCACFactor rule, might be what you are looking for.

NPCs have no armor thus follow none of the other rules, except specific ones. You can find the AC code in attack.cpp in Mob::MeleeMitigation.

Also, you can populate the rules table with the currently loaded ruleset by typing #rules store.

PS: Check your PMs on your forum