Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:31 AM
Criimson
Hill Giant

Default Hardcore-ish Solo Server Idea

So with my son, Achilles Caramon, being born a month ago I havent had the time to do much work on bots or anything but I have finally got my server working in a fashion that I am extremely happy with and thought I'd share the idea for anyone interested in creating something similar.

It is a progression server of sorts and I may at sometime create a perl script that would automate opening up the next expansion. I would also like to know if there is a way to compare two DBs and have a sql script written to change change one to be like the other. If there is then I will post the sql to make it easier for others to test play to see if it is to their liking.

Well on to the changes. What I was looking to create was a progression server that was fun and hardcore.

First thing I did was run a script that changed the min status for each zone to 100 that was expansion => 2 (I manually changed Sol Ro Tower, Warrens, and Stonebrunt back to 0 as I don't find their loot unbalancing and they fit in well with classic EQ zones).

I changed the on death penalty: no longer leave naked corpses and no corpse runs...this also means death exp loss is permanent. No rezzes. And I have the exp multiplier set at 0.1 so death friggin hurts.

I deleted all Fabled mobs. Their loot can be unbalancing and the level cap is set to 50 so, for instance, the Fabled Ishva Mal would effectively stop that dungeon.

I wanted no real down time as my play time isnt what it used to be, but I wanted challenge in combat. So I set mana regen to 400 which will still allow your healers/casters to run out of mana in combat (although slower, obviously) but they will be almost full mana or full mana by the time you reengage.

I feel like there was more but cant think of anything atm. I'll post more if I think of it.

SO far my chars are level 13 and all little people 2 gnomes, 3 halflings and myself a dwarf pally and it has been a blast. A couple bronze pieces the sporali sword from runnyeye. Good times.

BTW if anyone has a script to add Cazic Thule as he used to be I'd appreciate it. Or even his old stats and I'll write a script.

Basically, for my server to progress I need to kill all the MoBs in the raid zones (pretty standard) but also have all of my main group geared in the planes gear - PoH (iirc). Similarly, to open Velious I'll need all of my main group fully epic 1.0ed and geared in the Kunark armors, etc
The thing I love about the emu and bots is being happily married and with children I can do all of thing things in eq that I missed on my schedule.

Criimson

EDIT: Oh yea I also changed spawn times that are greater than 1 day to 1 day. When I get to raid level if I want/ have the time to raid something 2 days in a row I dont want to have to wait.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:44 AM
bodi
Hill Giant

Try out Nagafen's Lair. Its basically what youre talking about with less of a death penalty and spawn times are 1 hour.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Criimson
Hill Giant

I dont play online. I like my own world but thank you
Old 10-19-2011, 11:36 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criimson View Post
I wanted no real down time as my play time isnt what it used to be, but I wanted challenge in combat.
So I set mana regen to 400 which will still allow your healers/casters to run out of mana in combat
(although slower, obviously) but they will be almost full mana or full mana by the time you reengage.
you should instead set out of combat regeneration, rather than touch mana regen rate, as it will dramatic effect
on how fast mana regenerates at 400%

Also, i fail to see how Sol Ro Tower which is a Tier 3 PoP zone, with loot that almost twice as good that NTOV/VT
fits along with expansions before Luclin???
Old 10-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Criimson
Hill Giant

No no I mean Temple of Solosek Ro. I forgot about Sol Ros plane when posting

I'm more old school when eq thinking. Sol Temple is the quest zone to me

And I chose 400 after trial and error. The effect in combat isnt as pronounced as it would seem. My cleric will still run out of mana during long fights so all is as I like it.