Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:42 AM
JrFaust
Sarnak

Default POK starts to load then crash... (Now fixed hopefully)

Well I've played around for a while, been on a few public servers and have now setup a few servers of my own using different databases and one problem keeps popping up. No matter whose server, what version, or database my client crashes on POK only. I can get to justice, nightmare, time, and earth but not Knowledge. At this point I'm assuming :o it's my client. Anyone know what I might be able to do to fix this issue? Is there a file I can delete that might fix it? I have tried to reload my client and err fix it but that still doesn't fix the issue.

Thanks for your time, now flame on!!!

Last edited by JrFaust; 09-23-2005 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: I found a fix that works for me.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:25 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrFaust
Well I've played around for a while, been on a few public servers and have now setup a few servers of my own using different databases and one problem keeps popping up. No matter whose server, what version, or database my client crashes on POK only. I can get to justice, nightmare, time, and earth but not Knowledge. At this point I'm assuming :o it's my client. Anyone know what I might be able to do to fix this issue? Is there a file I can delete that might fix it? I have tried to reload my client and err fix it but that still doesn't fix the issue.

Thanks for your time, now flame on!!!
Delete all the spawns... there probbly goofed.
I had the same problem with tim deep and arena2.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 09-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Kikaro
Sarnak

I have this issue as well and have found no fix for it. my theory is that because the ychanged the PoK zone when DoN came out that the emulator is still using the old on and im patched with the new one. I have the same problem going into the Bazaar. Again this was changed and I have the new zone in my directory.

Now this is only a theory and I have been unable to test it but once I do I will post my results.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:58 PM
JrFaust
Sarnak

Thumbs up Update

Well after a few ideas that I got from all your posts I first loaded up my Planes of Power CD and pulled and replaced the POK files and tada I could zone into POK. After some playing around I found all I really needed to do was remove these two files from my client directory.

File 1) poknowledge_assets.txt
File 2) poknowledge_obj3.eqg

It worked for me hopefully it will work for others.
Also I replaced my Bazaar files and Bazaar works for me but I never had an issue getting into Bazaar. My problem with Bazaar was I'd zone in where nothing existed, and if I tried to zone to another x,y,z I'd always go to 0,0,0 which is in the middle of a big pillar, bummer. But with the old zone it's just above the PvP pit, WOOT!!! Go me.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:49 AM
Kikaro
Sarnak

oh my god I am a fucking moron. I have been looking for those files and I have all the CDs in my closet. WOW i feel stupid.

Good to know it worked, Im gonna have to do this now. I stil lfeel so stupid