Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-14-2006, 05:04 AM
d00d
Sarnak

Exclamation EQ Browser

I'm using eqbrowser 5.0 but having problems.
I have apache and php working alrdy Cus i have a php forums up and the php database editor tool which rocks btw.)

1.) I extract the eq browser to a directory on my server.

2.) Rename includes/config.php.dist to includes/config.php & edit it.
<?php
$SiteTitle='My EQemu Server';
$SiteEmail='';

$root_url='http://localhost/choke16000/eqbrowser/';
$includes_url=$root_url.'includes/';
$includes_dir=getcwd()."/includes/";
$eqemu_dir="/htdocs/choke16000/eqbrowser/";
$quests_dir=$eqemu_dir."quests/";
$quests_datas=$eqemu_dir."quests/datas/";
$maps_dir=getcwd()."/maps/";
$maps_url=$root_url."/maps/";
$npcs_dir=getcwd()."/npcs/";
$npcs_url=$root_url."/npcs/";
$icons_dir=getcwd()."/icons/";
$icons_url=$root_url."/icons/";

$dbhost="localhost";
$dbname="peq";
$dbuser="myUser";
$dbpasswd="myPassword";

3.) Source Race.sql & Spells.sql into my database

4.) Copy spells_us.txt to the includes/sql directory & Edit and run perl import_spells.pl

now when i open the index.php page i get these errors...

Notice: Undefined variable: ShowCharacters in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\choke16000\eqbrowser\includes \menu.php on line 27

Notice: Undefined variable: ShowAccount in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\choke16000\eqbrowser\includes \menu.php on line 27

Notice: Undefined variable: ShowAccounts in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\choke16000\eqbrowser\includes \menu.php on line 30

Notice: Undefined variable: ShowCharacters in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\choke16000\eqbrowser\includes \menu.php on line 33

heres a link to my site if that helps.. http://twbguild.servegame.com/choke1...wser/index.php
Old 05-14-2006, 05:52 AM
saladbowl1
Fire Beetle

Open config.php

under $ItemAddChanceToDrop=TRUE;

Add

$ShowCharacters=TRUE;
$ShowAccounts=TRUE;

that's how i fixed it =\
Old 05-14-2006, 06:50 AM
d00d
Sarnak

wow that fixed that problem, i still get undefined variable errors whenever i click a link tho heh , guess i need to delcare all the variables errors i find in config.php. Will try this, thanks.

EDIT: i get tons of undefined variable errors way to many.. anyway some one can send me a fixed copy of the eq browser that works? lemme know thanks

Last edited by d00d; 05-14-2006 at 03:00 PM..
Old 05-14-2006, 03:18 PM
jimbabwe
Hill Giant

I also get tons of undefined variable errors. I don't know much about php, but after looking through it I have found they use tons of variables that don't get declared anywhere. How exactly is it supposed to work?
Old 05-15-2006, 05:13 AM
daemonreaver
Fire Beetle

To ignore undefined variable warnings, use

Code:
<?php
//Insert the un-remarked line into the very top of your index.php *OR* the confic.ing.php file that is included in all other PHP files of the site you wish to eliminated junk error reports.

error_reporting(E_PARSE); //Best for a running site. Still shows critical PHP parsing errors.
//error_reporting(E_WARNING & E_PARSE); //Ignores garbage errors.
//error_reporting(E_ALL); //The PHP Default.
Just add it at the top just after the <?php starter. You can edit the PHP.ini or PHP.conf, however, this is preferred as it only afects the page (or set of pages) the command is insterted into. Some PHP scripts require the other errors to operate properly.

Hope that helps
Old 05-15-2006, 08:12 AM
d00d
Sarnak

Cool

Ya that sure does get rid of the undefined variable errors, but still none of the php actually is working. It is suppose to query the database for info and it doesnt seem to be doing it. I just gave the eqbrowser 5.0 template to a friend who is skilled at php code and gonna havem make it a fully working copy then ill set you guys up with the download for it.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:07 AM
demondesignz
Fire Beetle

edit php.ini turn the following on:

Code:
register_globals = on

UNCOMMENT

always_populate_raw_post_data = On
Old 05-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Muuss
Dragon

In the current state, support for chars should not be proposed to the players, its not fully implemented and very superficial. I ll perhaps take some time to incoporate magelo to the browser, if i can get the permission of its author.

BTW; you must also source quests.sql & news.sql

Last edited by Muuss; 05-22-2006 at 05:51 AM..
Old 05-21-2006, 09:44 PM
Muuss
Dragon

Code:
Ya that sure does get rid of the undefined variable errors, but still none of the php actually is working. It is suppose to query the database for info and it doesnt seem to be doing it. I just gave the eqbrowser 5.0 template to a friend who is skilled at php code and gonna havem make it a fully working copy then ill set you guys up with the download for it.
There's a difference between : 'i m unable to make it working' and 'its not working'.
Please see :
http://cimdev.c2m.univ-st-etienne.fr/vds/eqbrowser
that's the dev version (0.5.3 instead of the 0.5.2 you got).
I never tested it with php 5.0 but i guess that once global variables are set to on, it ll be working as intended.

If your skilled friend makes updates for php 5.0, tell him to make em being compatible with 4.x and post em so I can update the official release. If you post yourself a modified version, you will have to do so for each new release that i ll publish since your fixes won't be part of my source code.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Muuss
Dragon

Here are ALL the variables that should be in config.php :
Code:
// OPTIONS
$ShowNpcDropChances=TRUE; // if TRUE, chances of droping of each item will be shown when browsing npcs
$MerchantsDontDropStuff=TRUE; // if TRUE, you won't see merchants drops, damned PEQ word builders ! :)
$SpawngroupAroundRange=100; // range of surrounding spawngroups, spawngroups page
$EnableNews=FALSE; // Enable the use of the News, need to source includes/sql/news.sql
$ShowNPCNumberInZoneLevelList=TRUE; // choose between number and x for npcs in zone levels list
$SortZoneLevelList=TRUE; // sort or not the zones in zone levels list
$MaxItemsReturned=100; // max number of items returned by search engines (0=all)
$MaxNpcsReturned=100; // max number of npcs returned by search engines (0=all)
$AllowQuestsNPC=TRUE; // quests for npcs are available from NPC's page
$AlwaysBuildQuest=TRUE; // rebuilds the quest each time a visitor browse it, put false if you don't modify them anymore
$GroupNpcsByName=TRUE; // groups the NPCs by their name in zone npcs lists
$HideInvisibleMen=TRUE; // hide the invisible mens in bestiaries
$ItemAddChanceToDrop=TRUE; // shows what are the chances to see the item droped by the npcs 
$ShowNpcsAttackSpeed=TRUE; // shows informations about NPCs' attack speed
$ShowNpcsAverageDamages=TRUE; // How much NPC does as melee damages, in average, this allows to comparate mobs together
May include some that won't have any effect on your eqbrowser, depending of its version.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:26 AM
jimbabwe
Hill Giant

so what version of php should we be running? I'm running PHP 4.4.2 and and EQBrowser 5.2 and I get undefined variables for all the fields; like iname for instance. I've tried everything in this thread and it works, but i still get those undeclared variables everywhere.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:29 PM
d00d
Sarnak

woot i got it working fully functional. for others ill post the resolution.

i went to my php.ini file and found register globals which was off and turned it on but i still had errors so i then used .... error_reporting(E_PARSE); command in the includes/config.pfp and it all works!

register_globals = on

UNCOMMENT

always_populate_raw_post_data = On

then this......

<?php
//Insert the un-remarked line into the very top of your index.php *OR* the confic.ing.php file that is included in all other PHP files of the site you wish to eliminated junk error reports.

error_reporting(E_PARSE); //Best for a running site. Still shows critical PHP parsing errors.
//error_reporting(E_WARNING & E_PARSE); //Ignores garbage errors.
//error_reporting(E_ALL); //The PHP Default.

thx all for the help and Muuss for the product appreciate it =)