Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:28 PM
CuriousNostalgia
Fire Beetle

Default I want to see old Freeport again...

I played EQ from launch until EQ2 came out. I've been thinking about capturing some ingame video footage of the places I knew so well in EQ1. I'd like to be able to capture video footage of the original versions of Freeport, Nektulos, and Ro. I've been looking around for a way to do this. (Not the video capture part--I've got FRAPS for that.) I remembered that there was an eq zone viewer program once upon a time. I thought that might be the answer, but it doesn't look like it's available anymore.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I might be able to do this? I've got all my old discs, so I've got all the old zone information. It doesn't need to be populated, I just want to get some footage of what the old zones (the ones I spent years playing in) actually looked like.

Grabbing some footage of the Maiden's Voyage actually sailing would be a huge bonus, if it's possible. But I'll take what I can get.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Sarepean
Discordant

I'm not sure if there's any versions of the emulator that will work with older packaged versions of the client and, furthermore, I'm not positive that the boats were ever working on EQEmulator.

However, the ship itself is an NPC, I believe, so, you might be able to talk someone into writing a very long quest file for it so that it will behave a little like it used to.

As far as the old zones--- I believe if you delete the zone.eqg file, it'll revert the zone to old zone.

And it'll be populated.

Worth a shot.

The new servers are Titanium compatible.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I might still have that old EQ Zone viewer somewhere on and old back up, but I need to know what the name was.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:16 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

wait a minute... Your talking about original freeport with Boomba standing right past the entrance and the area around back near the guy that you turn orc belts into? Thats the version my server runs and my Titanium client shows it fine. Titanium doesn't have the new Freeport graphics, those were put in later or at least not put on the cd.

Unless im completely missing the point here, we allready have old freeport on all emulated servers.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:16 AM
CuriousNostalgia
Fire Beetle

Really??!!

Honestly, I've never been on an emulated server before, so I didn't realize that. If that's the case, then all I need to do is join an emulated server and shoot my footage =) Thanks for the information!!
Old 08-08-2006, 01:56 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Correct, the titanium version should only show the old freeport.
I think they changed it recently - even desert of Ro.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 08-08-2006, 02:24 AM
sylverwolf
Sarnak

Correct. Titanium only goes up to the DoD expansion. Freeport/Ro didn't change until Prophecy of Ro.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:51 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I was digging around through my old stuff, found what must have been the original Everquest, has no additional expansions or zones.
482 megs (not even a Cd). It has like an Intro where you can play at homeand get a short tour.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:01 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I think I have that cd too. I started playing when it came out, but miss the old zones.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//