Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-27-2006, 05:00 AM
onuris
Fire Beetle

Default Trouble Updating Server (7.0-Current)

Hello all. Just looking for some help on a little problem I am having. I follow the instructions in the Setup Guide to the letter and I can was able to get my server up and running with no problems. Where I am having problems is when I try to update my binaries to the newest version.

I understand that I have to backup my config file then drag and drop the newer files into my EQemu directory and that I have to look at the ChangeLog to get the updates. What I am getting confused on is the ChangeLog.

Do I need to update my DB with all the SQL entries that is says in the ChangeLog or just whats under the most current date? Or do I need to do all the SQL changes from 7.0 up to the the current binaries I am installing? (which is .840)

Example:
If there is no updates under 7/23/2006 then do I not need to do any? Or do I have to make the changes stated under 7/17/2006 and so on down to 7/5/2006?

This is the only thing I am confused on. When I copy the new files to my EQemu folder and do ALL the SQL DB changes from the version changelog my server doesn't work properly. One of the problems is my CMD window for the zone server is just blank. Nothing loads up in it. It will say waiting for WORLD to load before loading ZONE. Once the WORLD loads the window goes blank and goes to sleep. Which in turn makes all my ZONES unvailable when I hit enter world from the character select. I have searched and searched the forums for answers but really haven't found much.

I have done everything except reinstall EQTitanium. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Onuris
Old 07-27-2006, 06:03 AM
mattmeck

you have to do everything from the version you are running to the version you are moving to.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:13 AM
onuris
Fire Beetle

Thank You. Thats all I needed to know.

Come to find out I need to reinstall EQ anyway. Something got botched when I was screwing around tring to get my server working. That might also have something to do with the problems I was having. We shall see after I reinstall EQ.

Thanks
Onuris
Old 07-27-2006, 09:26 AM
justplaininsane
Fire Beetle

i know this is a stupid question, but i can't seem to find it myself yet...

how do i figure out what version of the binaries i currently have running? i used the guide to install 0.7.0, but i don't know exactly which build was used...

thanks in advance.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:13 PM
onuris
Fire Beetle

Not sure which build Titanium is. I got my server to work properly now. All I did was update to .840 and the do the DB updates in order from earliest to the newest and everything seems to work fine now. Just update to the newest binaries and do the changes in the ChangeLog from the earliest date to the current date. That worked for me.

Thanks
Onuris
Old 07-28-2006, 03:56 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I'm having an interesting time updating from Cavedudes 3.52 package to the latest binaries. Being a typical engineer-type, I took the latest bins, extracted them over my (backed up) Emu files, then did all the SQLs in the changelog. Game runs, client connects, but when I enter the world, I get the infamous "Zone Unavailable" message.

Since I do know how to use Search, I found out that one thing that definitely can cause this is not doing the SQLs correct from the changelog. So, I backed everything back to original install (3.52 packager), and put in every binary release (and SQL change) one_rev_at_a_time, logging in fully until I had the problem.

Mine is crapping out on 07/16/2006 patch, binary version EQEmu-0.7.0-833, after running the "ALTER TABLE `traps` ADD `message` VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL AFTER `effectvalue2`;" as it says in the changelog. Now, and until I remove this set of Binaries, I cannot log into the game. (should have started at the end and went backwards, eh?)

Anyone else having this problem with this particular patch? Other than this, things are running wonderfully.

Edit: Actually, I should have tested this first - the Zone Unavailable has nothing to do with the ALTER TABLE `traps`... since I back-revved that table and the game still won't let me in. If I go back to the 828 binaries, all is well. But I am screwed from bin patch 833-840.

Last edited by John Adams; 07-29-2006 at 12:09 AM..
Old 08-06-2006, 04:00 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

These are the changes I made to run EQEmu-0.7.0-838. So far it works.
You did overwrite the binaries right?

GeorgeS

ALTER TABLE `npc_types` DROP walkspeed;
ALTER TABLE `traps` ADD `message` VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL AFTER `effectvalue2` ;
CREATE TABLE rule_sets (ruleset_id TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment, name VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(ruleset_id));
INSERT INTO rule_sets VALUES(0, "default");
UPDATE rule_sets SET ruleset_id=0;
CREATE TABLE rule_values (ruleset_id TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL, rule_name VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL, rule_value VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL, INDEX(ruleset_id), PRIMARY KEY(ruleset_id,rule_name));

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 08-07-2006, 07:28 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Yeah, embarrassingly enough, once I did the upgrade yet one more time to 840, everything was working fine. I think my problem had little to do with the SQL or game code, and a lot to do with my adolescence at getting things to work. I seem to be able to install, run, and screw up an EQEmu within minutes now.

There are indeed some great tips on this forum. Search is my friend.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:39 PM
greneday
Fire Beetle

I looked around, and tried to on my own, but I just do not know how to impliment the change logs into my database.

ALTER TABLE `traps` ADD `message` VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL AFTER `effectvalue2` ;
when plugged into mysql, or saved as a sql file and tried to query, it just gives me syntax errors.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by greneday
I looked around, and tried to on my own, but I just do not know how to impliment the change logs into my database.

when plugged into mysql, or saved as a sql file and tried to query, it just gives me syntax errors.

Assuming that everything is installed as defaults, see if this helps:

goto c:\mysql\bin>

Type in mysql -ueq -p peq (peq if your using peq database or eq if your using cavedude's database)

Enter your password. You should now be at a mysql> prompt

TYpe in the Changes

If you get an error, leave off the ` around traps, message and effectvalue2

when your done, type in quit to exit mysql.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:49 AM
johane
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greneday

Don't use the character ` for quotes, use the character ' .

That's the single quote near your enter key, NOT the one near your escape key (assuming you have a standard US keyboard layout).

Last edited by johane; 08-10-2006 at 08:59 AM..