Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Confetti
Fire Beetle

Default Stand Alone?

Hi. I just had a quick question and I'm so sorry if this is in the wrong place, but if I follow the directions in the Play Guide will I appear in a server with other people or a stand alone server?

I'm intersted in playing in a stand alone server only, so if the above guide doesn't give me that, can someone point me in the right direction or the right guide into playing just by myself?

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2006, 05:29 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Play Guide is for playing on someone elses pre-defined server from the server list. So that's not what you want. Go to the WIKI, search for Windows and Setup (I believe that's enough) and find the wiki about setting up on a Windows server.

Since you'll be doing stand-alone, also look in the Wiki for "Minilogin". Crabclaw wrote a nice article saving most of us much time banging our heads against the wall.

Know this; running your own server (even for yourself) takes a lot of setup and patience. You have to have a basic understanding of MySQL, Perl(?), and what an IP address is.

Good luck, and welcome.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Magefeu
Sarnak

To playa stand alone version you will have to run a minilogin server. There is no other way to do it.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:04 AM
wraithlord98
Sarnak

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...=ws70845mysql5 explains it all - step by step including how to setup a "stand alone" server.