Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:23 AM
whirll
Fire Beetle

Can't wait for Beta 2 Aza

Whirll (Primevil)
Old 02-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Kazowi
Fire Beetle

may i be included in Beta 2? email is cpatman86@yahoo.com thanks love everquest played it for 7 years
Old 02-22-2007, 08:20 PM
paaco
Discordant

Beta 2 will be just like 1. Will be open to anyone willing to help us test and find bugs. Hope to see you there
Old 04-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Propaganda
Fire Beetle

ANy update?
Old 04-29-2007, 04:31 PM
aza77
Hill Giant

hard to say but i think that we should be able to start beta2 in about 4 - 6 weeks
Old 05-12-2007, 07:05 PM
aza77
Hill Giant

Beta2..

will start in about 3 weeks.

This beta will focus on stability and balancing. We got enough content for players up to level 50 at least.. (mayber we even get enough up to level 65) We did a lot of world changes since Beta1, so if you got a character back from beta 1 days and want it moved to a town because you aren't sure if he is still save at the place you logged him send us a message or post it. I would love to write down the features but we got too many already and i don't feel like either writing a few hours or spamming the forum

For more information take a look at http://www.eqemu-paradigma.de the wiki is a good place to get some more information
Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 AM
paaco
Discordant

Just thought I would give an update on some of the new features added since beta 1. There has literally been a ton of work done since beta 1. Beta 2 according to the other devs is right around the corner now. ( Within a couple of weeks hopefully but may be more or less depending on real life time and other factors the devs run into...you know how it goes. ) You can read about a lot of the new features in our wiki, but I will post some here to give you a sneak peek.

Most of this is copy and pasted from our site. Not going into too much detail to save the surprise of some things. Most of it is self explanatory anyway.

YellForHelp
Yelling for Help at this server will call nearby friendly guild NPC guards to help you. Target your opponent move close to the guards and yell. If the NPC is close enough, the guards can see the opponent and your faction to the guards is higher than the faction of your opponent than they will assist you in your fight.

ParadigmaTaunt
The ParadigmaTaunt is working on Players and NPCs. At a successful taunt
- NPCs will get the hate increased
- Players will get stunned for 0 seconds and switch the target to the Taunting person

HarvestingSystem
Harvesting is quite easy a lot of zones provide ressources that can be harvested if the character has the right tools equiped. Move close to the ressource you want to harvest (eg. a stone) click it and wait while your character is harvesting. It is important not to move or the try will fail. If your skill is high enough you will be able to extract something of the node. Maybe you are even able to find a diamond Enjoy the hunt for ressources.

Just a few of the new features added since Beta 1. There are a lot more I wont mention and spoil, but be assured this will probably be one of the most unique servers you ill ever play on if you give it a try.

When beta 2 starts be ready for a LOT of new quests, all custom built by the dev team. Unique monster encounters. And a ton of things you wont find on any other server. Hope to see you all there. To read more about the server or give suggestions check out www.eqemu-paradigma.de

Lots of info in the parawiki.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:56 AM
jimbabwe
Hill Giant

good to see you're still developing paaco!
Old 05-22-2007, 12:14 PM
paaco
Discordant

I wouldn't exactly call it developing. At the moment I am still tagged as a developer but I haven't contributed at all. Last few months I have been working 60-70 hours pretty much every week. Leaves me with time to come home, shower,and catch a nap, no time to develop. Although that it starting to ease up so I am hoping to slip back into it. I was in charge of world balance which is a pretty big undertaking for one man, and although they have stripped that title from me, I am going to do the best I can when Beta 2 starts. Balancing pets, classes, skills, and abilities.

Nice to see you are still around though Jim, it's been a while. And I still appreciate the help you gave me when I was an eqemu noob. You and a few others are the main reason I am still into this project
Old 05-22-2007, 12:21 PM
jimbabwe
Hill Giant

yeah, i've been coming and going now for 5 years or so, lol. Gonna try another server here pretty soon, even if I have to pay for hosting. One of the main reasons I spent so much time helping you was my inability to host a server myself. I am out of school now and have a job so I can actually afford such things.

Did you give up on your other project? I know paradigma has been around for quite a while now. When did you start working with them?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:59 PM
warklan
Fire Beetle

Started working with Paradigma 6 or 7 months ago. I do still have the server that I was working on saved, so If I ever needed something to keep me busy I could fire that back up. Would have replied sooner but forums here kept giving me evil database errors.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:39 PM
paaco
Discordant

Bah
PS... Warklan = Paaco =/

Didn't know my brother had logged on hehe thats his account.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:39 PM
aza77
Hill Giant

We are going to start beta2 next week friday.

Please keep in mind that it is a beta. There will be bugs, and we still miss a lot of content, features that we wanted to add. For those who played at beta1, your chars are still there at the same old spot you left them. But as we mentioned earlier send us a message if you want them moved to a close town, since we changed almost every zone and it might not be a safe spot now. Atm we don't plan to lock the server again, since we got enough content up to level 60 at least to keep peoples busy.
And for those of you who think about skipping beta2 and joining us at beta3 a short feature preview what you can expect in about half a year... player housing, guildhalls, wars, merchants and even more content..
Old 05-28-2007, 08:26 AM
paaco
Discordant

With beta 2 less than a week away now, i thought I would post even a few more unique server things for people to try out. The more people try, the better. Hopefully we will have a good sized crowd for the beta which starts Friday, June 1st.

Camp Locations

Camps are Merchant crafted locations which can be placed everywhere in the world and add HP Mana regen as long as you stay close to them. Some Camps are only placeable by certain classes and their effect is limited to the raid, group, guild, allied guild of the camp owner.

Conquest System
Fight for Cities, Towns, Towers/Bridges and Camps, spawn NPCs there and control them. Owning locations adds a bonus and even makes zone control possible.

Location NPC's
There are different kind of NPCs that can be placed at locations for support.

New Bandage System
The Hitpoints gained per bandage process are depending on the skill and the used bandage. Only the lower ones are buyable, all higher ones need to be crafted.

Just a few more unique things you can expect to see on Paradigma, try them all out, attempt to abuse and exploit the system, and report your findings so they can be fixed. What other servers invite you to exploit while playing?
( Please be aware that you should report all found exploits immediately, not doing so will bring a swift ban, Aza has an ungodly amount of custom logs and cheat scripts running )

Remember Beta 2 starts June 1st which is Friday. Looking forward to seeing you all.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:03 AM
aza77
Hill Giant

We will open the server one day earlier. (that's tomorrow)

Please make sure that you take a look at our webiste before logging in. Otherwise you won't see any harvest nodes, mailboxes and you might encounter a lot of humans of all sizes during your travels

This is a balancing beta test, that means if you notice anything that is too hard or too easy please report it so we can adjust everything.