Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Dralanna
Sarnak

Default Peq

Anyone know what's going on with PEQ? It's been down all day.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Vastlee
Fire Beetle

No clue, it was down when I woke up this morning and thus far no one has responded in chat either. The whole thing is down though, not just the server, the website is down too.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:38 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Not to worry, it'll be back up soon.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:39 PM
DEmori
Fire Beetle

Just how soon is soon? Considering this was a comment made yesterday.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:06 PM
WildcardX
Developer

soon = ((not soon enough * time to play PEQ) / average lifespan of hormonal American male) raised to the infinite power of the cosmic constant of it never happens soon enough

Unfortunately, we do not have a timeframe as it is our of our control. Hang in there. We'll be back up eventually.

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!
Old 08-31-2007, 04:25 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEmori View Post
It is good to see server "Donators" being concerned about their missing server. I'm sure you are one with that tone, yes?
Old 09-01-2007, 03:17 AM
doery
Fire Beetle

Question, what happened to make the server go down?
Old 09-01-2007, 05:23 AM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Was supposed to be a routine server reboot, woops!!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 08:59 AM
KrodukT
Fire Beetle

Default When, exactly, is soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEmori View Post
This used to be somewhere in the EQ knpwledge base.

When, exactly, is soon?

When will whatever be back, available, up, open, updated, fixed, installed, removed, nerfed/un-nerfed, patched, rolled back, instituted, upgraded, borked, published, resolved, and/or generally Made Better™?

Soon™: A broadly generic description of a length of time between now and the fruition of a promise made by the developers of computer software, especially online gaming software. Before being trademarked, the term 'Soon' was much more meaningful, indicating that the event to which the adverb is applied is to happen in the near future. After the trademark was applied to the term, however, any since of urgency or immediacy that the term 'Soon' once carried was tossed aside in favor of a term that would serve only to torture the readers of the term, usually subscribers to online gaming forums, hence Soon™.

An enhancement to the term Soon™ was made shortly after, and became known as Very Soon™, also trademarked. Very Soon™ is generally first used by game developers when they realize that they can no longer get away with using the term Soon™ while maintaining a straight face. Very Soon™, however, is not accepted by the gaming public much more favorably than its root, Soon™, as neither term means much at all to gamers who have been waiting patiently for the promised event to arrive.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Andarius
Fire Beetle

Welcome to EVERSOON!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:46 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by doery View Post
Question, what happened to make the server go down?
I'm not sure yet, the only person with physical access to the box hasn't been able to get to it due to work and such. It's hosted by a company, not in a home. Though, odds are it just needs a reboot. The server had been running for over 400 days straight. The rest was probably needed anyway, and it gives me time to sort through all the code and hopefully nail down the lag issues we've been having with it
Old 09-01-2007, 12:52 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

It was Karma dealing out justice
Old 09-01-2007, 01:42 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The only people who are hurt by PEQ being down are the players, so that's a pretty sucky thing to say.

Unless of course you are referencing the fact that the server is owned by FNW. In which case that is none of my business, as the situation is between you and him, as it always was. Why I was brought into it at all I don't know and you still have yet to explain to me. I guess it's the thing to do to shit on people who take over an ignored project and try their best to make it better. *shrug*
Old 09-01-2007, 01:42 PM
WildcardX
Developer

Quote:
It was Karma dealing out justice
hey tcsmyworld, how about growing up some... We all know your still sulking about being banned from PEQ for attempting to steal a server you do not own, but let's try to move on and join the rest of us in adulthood...

oh.. and PS.. I'm still waiting to receive that lawsuit you promised me... so like snap to it and shit.

Quote:

Last edited by WildcardX; 09-01-2007 at 09:44 PM..
Old 09-01-2007, 01:51 PM
WildcardX
Developer

oh and tcsmyworld.. if the PEQ database is such a peice of shit, how come you tried to steal it and a whole server? isn't that like dumpster diving? Seems to me like when you shit on PEQ, it's like shitting on yourself too, right? I don't know, seems like since we are all sitting here talking about it and seeing how everyone here is downloading and using the PEQ database, well... maybe it's not a peice of shit after all... Food for thought for you while your assuming the position I guess...

Quote:
Closed Thread