Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 08:14 AM
meshershark
Fire Beetle

Thanks.

Are there any compatibility issues between EQoffline and PEQ I need to watch out for, or am I set as long as EQEmu and EQoffline are compatible versions and EQEmu and PEQ are compatible versions?

The reason I ask is, I notice that the latest beta PEQ only needs 0.7.0 base EQEmu, so it should work with 992, but it looks to have been done many months after EQoffline was last updated. Not having setup and worked with any of this stuff yet, I'm not sure how and at what levels they interact. It seems like bots should be fairly independent of zones and quest content, but I just wanted to make sure.

From what I can tell, I should be able to play with bots up through Luclin and most of Ykesha, but not PoP. Does that mean no PoK stones? I'm not averse to roughing it a bit, having started live EQ before PoP (just before Luclin, in fact), but it would be handy to have the stones and spell vendors in PoK since I was used to them before I quit years ago.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:35 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Actually, you should be able to use the newest Ykesha db with the older 992 build. Columns and tables were added but not deleted or changed. The server will simply ignore that extra data.

I am not sure how the bots will handle PoP with the flagging system and such. My instincts say the bots are probably just treated as NPCs so they shouldn't need flags, allowing you to progress normally. However, due to the fact that the bot code is based on an older 992 build much of PoP may be buggy and/or completely unplayable. A lot has changed in the code since then that has allowed PoP to function correctly. Though, to answer your question, if you use the Ykesha db the PoK books will be there and PoK at the least will be fully usable.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:55 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

As previously stated, I already ported the 992 bot work to a much newer release, but poor Magoth didn't have the time to really check my work. I would be happy to re-post it (I think my last port was to 1035 or so). The reason I hadn't bothered to do it to current is mostly because Mag was considering making it more "modular", and it made no sense to keep bumping the bot code every core release.

Cavedude, if you want my code, let me know. It worked, but I haven't been able to really give it a good test. Might be a good place to start. But lots has changed since 1035. Might be worth starting from scratch.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:31 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

JA, I'd love to take a look at your code. My hope is we can get it current as this system is really nifty and I'd hate to lose it due to it being in an obsolete build.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:43 AM
burnme
Fire Beetle

Hey there. Did anyone ever finish typing up full custom npc_spells_entries for the bots so they cast the right spells at the right levels?

I've been using the bots and messing around with customizing them for a while now, and I'm frustrated by their casting (often very) incorrect spells. It's pretty bad at the mid-high level ranges, with level 65 magicians not even using their latest pets!

Anyway, just thought I'd ask here if whoever said they were going to do it was finished yet, and also to make a request to Magoth or anyone else who might be able to do it: Could the bots or whatever's necessary be tweaked so that pet-centric classes heal and haste their pets?

Thanks.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:33 AM
Richardo
Banned

Hi, I would like to make modifications to this system and I would like to know if this is possible or not with your creation.

I will give an example server.

On this server, I want players to be able to create a guild. Now once they have created their guild, they then have the choice to add 3 bots to their guild choosing any class and race (after which they cannot ever change what they have chosen). These bots can be utilized by any of the guild members.
Also, the bots would begin at level 1 and it would be the guild members responsibility to level these bots. Here is a command list idea of what im talking about..

#guildbot list -Lists bots accordingly to class, race and level.
<GuildName> Bot List
23 Warrior, Barbarian ID:242
42 Cleric, Dwarf ID: 243
12 Rogue, Dwarf ID: 244

#guildbot summon id -Summons the bot ONLY if you're in the zone in which it was created.

#guildbot create class race -Creates one of the 3 allowed bots in the guild.
(Only for the leader.)

I don't know if I am dreaming but I think this would be very cool to allow members to add bots to their guild.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:41 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

how do i get this 2 work ?
Old 01-16-2008, 04:19 AM
Congdar
Developer

I've managed to merge the bots code into a 1071 build but there are issues. Here
I can create bots but...

The caster bots only cast a few spells and only the low level spells even if the bots are level 65.
The zone crashes if you try to fight something.

What I haven't done is gone through the code to change anything. I just merged it all inside #ifdef EQBOTS

I can see where Magoth78 has copied some existing methods and modified them to be his new methods. The problem is that the methods he has copied from have been changed/improved and now those changes need to be reflected in the eqbots code.

Has anyone else done any work on this? Magoth78 coming back would be a great help but I haven't seen him post in a while.

Last edited by Congdar; 01-16-2008 at 12:23 PM..
Old 01-19-2008, 02:50 AM
a_troll_01
Fire Beetle

The low level spell casting problem is a DB issue not a code problem. You can modify the "npc_spell_entries" table and change what spells ALL NPC will cast or you can define a new npc types and build a spell table for them.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Congdar
Developer

So I figured out that the bots would cast the correct level spells after I updated them then removed them from the group and then spawned them again.

They fight and kill the monsters fine too.

If you try to trade with them the zone crashes. I went and downloaded Magoth's current source and got it to build and it has the same bug as the 1077 sources i've diff'd to.

Does anyone have a working set of Magoth's source?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:25 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Magoth also provided binaries, you should try them too just to make sure BOTS are working at all for you.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:03 AM
Magoth78
Discordant

Hello,

I'm sorry about not giving any information on this project. There reasons are :

#1 When I've stopped this project, the bots were working correctly wit hthe old code except, maybe, some spells as related in this topic. But that's just a database's entries issues.
#2 In order to have the bots working with the newer version, I wanted to make the bot system totally independant and "pluggable" to the emu's code at any time on any emu's official version. That's a lot of work that requires time, feeling, etc... wich I have not actually.
#3 I've started a similar project on WoW based on the emu Mangos. (didn't really finish it though bots are working correctly :> )
#4 I'm now playing EQ2 a lot and I like it.

Richardo> It'd be easily doable with a bit of c++ knowledge (wich you have, don't you?)

G'day,
Mag
-- EQoffline/bots
Old 02-01-2008, 03:18 AM
a_troll_01
Fire Beetle

Default BOT code on 1086

I have rolled the BOT code, with some tweaks, into the 1086 build.
1. BOT pathing
2. BOT Item exchange, including rings, bracers, and earrings(2 slots)
3. Zerkers are working
4. Beastlords melee
5. Rogues and Rangers don't crash the zone
Old 02-01-2008, 12:51 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Could you post the source for that?

Wildcard and I were talking about the bot code to see if it would be feasible to add it to the official code base as a rule or something such, similar to the old Guild Wars system for those familiar with it.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Congdar
Developer

I also have been working on the bot sources. I have merged John Adams' 1035 source bot code and Magoth's current download(some differences) into the 1090 sources.

You can test them on The Realm server down near the bottom of the list. I'm debugging some raiding issues but i'll post the sources when I'm done with that.

I have all bot code inside #ifdef EQBOTS blocks like the Guildwars code is in #ifdef GUILDWARS blocks.

Last edited by Congdar; 02-02-2008 at 12:55 AM..
Closed Thread