Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 01-02-2008, 11:31 PM
BertPLGL
Fire Beetle

Default Making races global

If I want to put a Velious dragon in PoK, for example, he'll have the default human skin. I'm looking at the racedata.txt file at the moment, and I think it'll be possible for me to deduce (if it exists) the number that might make a race global, but it would take forever. Does anyone know and have a quick answer if you can make races global and if you can, how you can?
Old 01-03-2008, 02:47 AM
BertPLGL
Fire Beetle

I might have put this in the wrong sub forum. :S
Old 01-04-2008, 04:56 AM
Telltolin
Sarnak

I don't know how to make races global, but I know how you can add them to the zone. I got the gfaydark guard working in the tutorial zone (which is remodeled to a new zone), so I'm sure you can get the dragon working in PoK.

First, find the name of the dragon and such. I think it's dra,permafrost_chr (I looked here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ModelReference )
So you need to go into poknowledge_chr.txt.
Right now there's
Quote:
cst,cst
You want to change it to
Quote:
cst,cst
dra,permafrost_chr
Then just test it out. If your character is already in PoK when you log in, you might have to zone out and back in again. I'm also not 100% if this will work, unfortunately. If you think about it, it should work. EQ seems to be iffy about these things though.

I had another method, but it involves replacing poknowledge_chr.s3d, but that has some stuff in it that shouldn't be replaced, really.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:21 AM
So_1337
Dragon

That works just fine, and I thank you for it, however it leads me to ask a question; that works for the client-side. Is it possible to change it somewhere in the database or on the server's side, so that our clients won't be forced to do any work?
Old 01-04-2008, 06:40 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

No, the client itself has to force the models to load.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:55 AM
BertPLGL
Fire Beetle

Telltolin, I can't thank you enough. So many doors have now been opened.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:33 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Anyone remember how much of an issue it might cause to add too many models to the globals? There are tons I'd like to see globally, but afraid to crash clients or run out of memory or whatever.

Any hard stats on that "too many" might be?
Old 01-30-2008, 08:36 AM
narcberry
Sarnak

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question. But along those lines, the client loads about twice as many models as are used in some zones. You could use the advice above to remove them and their textures to probably make eq run faster. Or if you are one of those guys that renders the worst possible graphics to speed up your client for pvp or w/e, you could just remove all but 1 and play with everything looking like humans, but at a very fast speed. Sorry, I'm offtopic.

Last edited by narcberry; 01-30-2008 at 04:39 PM..
Old 04-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Faza
Sarnak

just checking then, there isn't a way to make a race global?

say i want to make everyone on my server a kobald, and they want me to ... how do i add kobald to global?

thanks if any have the magic =)
Old 04-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Valcrist
Sarnak

I am pretty sure the new Kobold (#455) graphic is already global, unless you want the old one..
Old 04-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Striat
Sarnak

Go into everquest/resources folder. Find Globalload.txt. Open it.

You'll notice quite a few lines. The first one probably is for loading frogloks. Now go down pat loading equip. You should see alot of .eqg's that refer to the model being force loaded. With default titanium install, you should see a
Code:
3,0,TFFF,kbd.eqg,Loading Characters
as well. This loads kobolds globally. The 3 refers to what sequence in the blue loading bar and doesn't seem to really matter.

So, what if you want to add something? For example, the gods alot of times crash zones when you try to forceload them by zone. Find the final Loading Characters tab. For me, it is rap_chr. So, we can add on to it:

Code:
3,0,TFFF,rap_chr,Loading Characters
3,0,TFFF,potimeb_chr,Loading Potimeb models
The description of Loading Characters/Potimeb models doesn't really matter. I believe Secrets posted something about this, but I could not find his post.

*Edited to add http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ka=NewRaceList Check the excel file from jest server in this link. It has all of the model reference you'll need.