Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 09-21-2008, 01:59 AM
Shunkthefunkunk
Fire Beetle

Default Quest to Zone

So basically, I just made a simple proximity quest that will zone you when you get near enough.. It worked fine, then I changed my database over to ax and got the new source and binaries. I was having a lot of problems with my server before I did that. Now everything seemed fine, but when I finally got around to testing my old proximity quest again it was clear to me that the QUEST portion does work.. but when the quest tries to send me to a new zone, it will just sit there loading and eventually take me off the server. Right when I enter the proximity my zone.exe will tell me the new zone is up with 0 clients inside and my client tells me I am zoning. It just seems to start the zone and then not let me connect to it, and eventually I will be kicked off the server during the load. I've gone to the same zone using the #zone command and by the regular zone lines, and those worked just fine. I thought it was ports, like the port the zone was using was out of the range I had forwarded on my router but it was never anywhere near outside of the port range I had set. This topic is probably in the wrong section since I know the quest works, but it anybody knows what could be happening I'd love to hear it. Any ideas?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Shunkthefunkunk
Fire Beetle

Okay well, I have no idea how to edit my post but I found out that the zoning does work, but only while somebody else is on the server. It's slightly less of a problem.. I either need a solution or a way to make the server think there is 1 player on it at all times. Anybody have a way to do that, or a less lazy way I can actually fix the problem?
Old 09-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Shunkthefunkunk
Fire Beetle

I figured it out.. It still doesn't make sense to me but for some reason a certain way of making the quest work doesn't make you complete the zone on this database or something.. I changed it up a little bit and it's fine now.