Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:08 PM
versus21
Fire Beetle

Default Is there an option to play with old character models I can use?

Hi, I am new and interested in a nostalgia trip.

Was wondering if there is a option or a mod to download to show the older character models, or do I have to make my own server and just force it to use just the first 3 expansions? (which I want to stay away from because setting up your own server looks like a lot of work.)

Thanks for looking.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:49 PM
knight1080
Sarnak

No mods are needed at all. open the game, accept the EULA -insert loud, hacking cough here-, at the title screen, before you log in, click on the 'options' button, and go through the prompts. On the second screen the player/pet models are selectable. Since you want the nostalgic, retro feel, uncheck all the boxes, and keep clicking Next on through. That should do it.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:40 AM
lordoftests
Fire Beetle

Remember that a large portion of the game's armor will not show up correctly or at all on the old models.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:59 PM
xxarthurxx
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordoftests View Post
Remember that a large portion of the game's armor will not show up correctly or at all on the old models.
this is not completely correct, all armor will show up on old models in the correct colors for the armor set. If you were to say use velious armor and load them on new luclin models then you will def encounter some glitchy buggy armor sets. But just using the old models is completely fine.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Dorrax
Fire Beetle

I tried setting all my models to low res in that manner, but most of the servers I tried still forced the newer models. When sony forced me to use the new ogre and troll models, I quit. The new trolls look like green pregnant men.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Rogean
Administrator

Its all client side. No server (not even eqlive) forces you to use new models. I have always used old models on every server.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Dorrax
Fire Beetle

Default Old character models without going pre-luclin?

I stopped playing EQ when sony forced me to stop using the old school fat ogre model. I hate the new ogre and troll models. So I found eqemu and started playing on the project1999 classic eq server because it let me use the old ogre models. However, I miss the other features too, such as the beastlord class. Are there any servers that use the old models, but have more of the new features? Or is there something I can do client side to force old models?

Thank you.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:23 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

all new models can be disabled in the options menu when you start up the EQ. regardless which server you playing on.