Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 PM
joligario
Developer

Default $client->GetStartZone() or similar

Currently, the creation of a character goes through code to select the starting zone. However, this variable does not seem to be stored in the pp (from what I can tell). This would be good code to reuse. Biggest would be the Return to Home City button on Character Select screen. Second would be good for the LDoN adventure stones so that we can write code if they are in their home town.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Davood
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
Currently, the creation of a character goes through code to select the starting zone. However, this variable does not seem to be stored in the pp (from what I can tell). This would be good code to reuse. Biggest would be the Return to Home City button on Character Select screen. Second would be good for the LDoN adventure stones so that we can write code if they are in their home town.
and the origin aa ;o
Old 06-23-2009, 06:31 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, there should be room for up to 5 bind points in the PP. Some of them might be needed to get the respawn window fully functional anyway. I started work on the respawn window, but there are other issues that need to be worked out before it can be finalized. As far as I know, the go home option from char select should be working, though I haven't tried it yet. It may just be using a case selection for the go home instead of storing it in the player profile on creation as it probably should be doing.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:25 AM
realityincarnate
Developer

The Return Home button currently takes you to your bind point. As Trevius said, there is room in the player profile struct for five bind points, the first of which is the traditional "bind point", and at least one other looks like it's used to give options for the respawn window. Can anyone see anything wrong with using the fifth slot to store the starting city bind point (other than having to provide a method to update all the characters that don't have a stored home city)?
Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityincarnate View Post
The Return Home button currently takes you to your bind point. As Trevius said, there is room in the player profile struct for five bind points, the first of which is the traditional "bind point", and at least one other looks like it's used to give options for the respawn window. Can anyone see anything wrong with using the fifth slot to store the starting city bind point (other than having to provide a method to update all the characters that don't have a stored home city)?
I think using the last slot to store starting city is just fine.

The trick is going to be backflagging all the old players. I think the best way is to have world fill in coords when the toon logs in (assuming it has no data) and use start_zones to determine it. This will be accurate for most, however some players have a choice of starting city. For those, perhaps some sort of in-game command? They can use it, it'll report the cities they can choose from to act as their starting city (based on start_zones) and they pick one.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:25 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I see a slight problem with return Home (and perhaps Origin?)
What if Db admin has changed where everyone is starting?
Including using complitly non legit zones?

also does Origins sends you back to home town or to Bind point?