Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:43 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Cavedude, ok I see now, but somehow I invisioned this to be soemwhat simpler =)

ChaSell: 0.04 - the % modifier you get per 1 point of CHA when npc selling to you (discount) (so for each 25 cha you get 1% discount of base sell price)

ChaBuy: 0.04 - the % % modifier you get per 1 point of CHA when npc buying from you (so for each 25 cha you get 1% better price above base buy price)

ChaMax (integer): 400 - the point at which having even more CHA no longer benefits you
ChaMin (integer): -50 - the point at which having even less CHA no longer penalizes you

Merhcant mark up - is no longer needed at all - since you have Sellrate specified on items which automaticly becomes the mark up price, or unless you want this as optional "affect all items" rule:

MerchantMarkUp: 200 (if item is priced at 1 plat, then merhcnat by default sell it 200% mark up - which is 2 plat)

ANother thing which is still missing: is price scaling by faction
Old 02-26-2009, 06:32 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

More simple for you would be much harder for me! :P

The problem with the first two rules is it would be really easy for a Server OP to get to a point where their players sell for more than they buy, so they would have an unlimited ATM. With my rules, I can clearly define and say, if you do this, then you will go over.

ChaMax and Min I agree with, but that would require a whole new rewrite. Perhaps one day...

Merchant markup is still required for two reasons. 1. sellrate for most items is 1, and 2. the NPC sell modifier on live is 1.05.

I wanted to include a way to actually scale against faction, but I got lazy and didn't go ahead and do it. It would only benefit custom servers anyhow, since on Live the only two factions that matter are apprehensive and indifferent and it doesn't scale. In our system faction is still important. For example, a player with 37 CHA and indifferent faction will not get the worst prices. They need apprehensive faction for that. Overall, faction is weighted a tiny bit less than CHA in our setup.

I think my point was to get us Live Like, but still offer some rules for custom servers. I spent a day on Live before KLS found me a gem of a page discussing how the pricing works, with actual caps and numbers. I then spent another day on Live confirming the data on that page, and found it was still very accurate. So, the default rule values are as close to Live as we can be.

Last edited by cavedude; 02-27-2009 at 02:37 AM..
Old 02-26-2009, 06:41 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

well given even my appraoch to the rule system- I am sure there values you can put it to give you exact to Live match up - by defining boundaries of CHA and CHA per point scaling.

It just my appraoch is much esier to read on the user side

well perhaps one day =P (preferably sooner than later )
Old 05-19-2009, 01:14 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Sorry for bumping this one, but:

Cavedude: excatly HOW you derive "1.52" from 37 CHA ?

and 0.34 from 400 CHA?

whats the formula?

KLS:

I was hoping to continue discussion on Avoidance and Hit chance Rules given by entire group of classes (heavy, Light etc)

Do they realy work for anyone? The way I see (the way classes are assigned to the groups) they create more restriction than freedom (see my prevous comments) I endded up setting everyone to 1.0 since I could not find a reason to justify why paladin can dodge as well as monk =)

I serously sugest you scrap the current 4 types approach and do them by class - then we can REALY customize.

And once again on To HIt chance- again doing it by gruop types is bad, cuase it forces number of classes into a single pattern. And what is realy important these Hit Bonuses feel artificial.

Yes I know that on LIVE Hit Chance is not realy based of anything, but if you realy wish to give a useful customization rule, why not a make a diffirent (set OFF by default) to use appraoch I described before:

Quote:
Perhaps it would be more logical if you would start from skill of 0 and lower initial To Hit base (again we have it now nicely controlled via a Rule- thank you very much), and then give bonus based on actual skill , not basing it on the fact if ist maxed for the level or not. This way weapon skill will DIRECTLY contribute to your hit chance. (if person has 183 in 1hs - then he gets bonus from 183 in 1hs, regardless what level he is or what his curent max cap)

we allready have all 16 classes fine tune system - in the class skill table in DB! =)

If we set warrior to one cap per level in say Defensive, and monk to another- then the server should NOT even care what class player is - it will look at players current Defensive skill and calculate accordingly.

The only thing thats always bugged me is why we have weapon skill AND offensive? By default they both contribute to same thing - ATK - so whats the difirence?
Unless we make one of then resposible for ATk only (ofensive) and weapon skill for To Hit chance

then you have nice layout of:

Offesive (atk) vs Defensive (AC) = dmg done
Weapon Skill (to hit) vs Dodge (avoid) = final chance to hit

So let say:

Base Hit CHance: 50%
To Hit bonus from Skill: +1% per say 25 skill (abstract number)
so with 250 weapon skill - you have +10%

logicly this can grow unlimitly but on other hand- mobs avodance and dodge should also be growing. So even if players has +150% to hit chance, but mob has 75% chance to avoid - thats 150-75=75 only leave actual 75% chance to hit the mob (again abstract numbers)

or alternativly let us have a Rule where DEX contributes to Hit CHance (off by default) - this way players other than rangers will seek to build it up
Old 05-19-2009, 01:40 AM
KLS
Administrator

I took that out actually, a person's ability to tank is not completely based off their defensive skill and gear. When I implement softcaps it should help to further differentiate classes by tanking ability, but for now there are no artificial blocks in place other than what gear you can wear and AAs you can get.

Why I took it out? I agreed with you it was a bad way to do it =p
Old 05-19-2009, 02:04 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

bah you telling me those rules don't even exist anymore? - someone should bothered to write that into changelog file =P

OK ok I am with you - lets do it logicly =)

I will be patient. But consider what I have said about Weapon Skill and Offense been redundant and both producing only ATK bonuses, and about DEX
Old 05-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Capheus
Hill Giant

I'm not sure what direction this is going or who's doing what or whatever. As I am hearing on my server (EQ World), monks can't hit the broadside of barn, they are complaining the most. Nobody else is complaining. Using 1129Rev535 that I put in place on Monday the 25th. Hopefully this gives some direction on what has been changed and what is being seen. I don't have hard numbers but there is a very noticeable difference.

I am reluctant to go into the attack.cpp and change numbers that will affect everyone. If I have time I'll try to get numbers. Will be tough while I sort out the bugs with the new build and the content I added.