Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-04-2006, 08:26 AM
bravesirr0bin
Fire Beetle

Default also not connecting to servers

I hate asking for help, but I've covered every base I know to cover. I had EQemu working last night...at least I could get into a char select screen...I didn't try actually playing because I didn't have time.

I am using a fresh copy of titanium with windows xp. I have installed fresh drivers for my ATI radeon x600, and windows service pack 2 etc. I am running with an intel p4 3.2 ghz, 1.5 g ram. I have no problem running eq live..and also can succesfully go to the server select screen for EQEMU using my eq live client (cannot log into servers of course) which was downloaded piecemeal using sonys online store download.

When I try to log into eqemu servers using my titanium client, my client always crashes at the server screen (if i am running in windowed mode). Oddly, if i do not run windowed mode, my client stays stable but my mouse is locked in the upper left corner and I still cannot log into servers (due to the fact I cannot select them with my mouse)

My actions so far have been to reinstall titanium, taking care not to patch at all (not even pre-patch) and reinstall all drivers and direct x. I also reset the last server logged into, as that had fixed someone else's problem. I do not think it is a version issue or a graphics issue.

I just want it to work, so if anyone knows how to fix either the crashing in windowed mode, or the locked mouse, I could use some help. Thanks
Old 06-04-2006, 08:59 AM
bravesirr0bin
Fire Beetle

Default update

I went ahead and patched the titanium to live, and do not have the same problem. I can get to the EQemu server select screen without crashing. I still have a locked mouse in non-windowed mode.

I am going to reinstall Titanium once again and start from scratch.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:37 PM
bravesirr0bin
Fire Beetle

Default got it working

Figured it out. Had to use application compatability tool to all ow my mouse to work in EQ. Does not seem to crash in standard mode and is working as well as it works now I guess.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:04 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Sorry , nobody answer you, perhaps because nobody can answer :(
But thanks to post your clue, that can help many people
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:26 AM
bravesirr0bin
Fire Beetle

Default still buggy

It had no problem working for several hours last night, but when I tried again today I get the same client crashes at the server select. If I reinstall and start from scratch, it works fine. If I close my client completely then try to reconnect, it crashes. I think a file is somehow being added or updated and is causing a crash. I scratched my eqclient and eqplayerdata files, and that didn't fix it.

This isn't really a problem with eqemu, rather my eq titanium client itself, so I don't really expect much help. The strange thing is though, if I update top live I get no issues.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:43 PM
fireclav
Sarnak

coudl that be because your not supposed to patch to live?
Old 06-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Krikk
Fire Beetle

I just picked up titanium today and installed it on a friend's comp. I didn't patch to live, and made the adjustments to the EQhost file and the EQgame target. When the patching (hopefuly not from live) was done, I clicked play and the window closed and I got an error message saying I was missing d3dx9_30.dll. Searching Google, i came accross a similar error someone else had gotten, and he said that instaling Dx 9.0 from microsoft.com took care of the issue. However, that didn't happen here.

When I went home to try it on my comp, I uninstalled my old EQ junk and reinstalled the titanium version. After that was done, I went to patch, and it took me straight to the EQemulator server select screen. When I tried to connect to a server, it gave me a 2 minute pause, or so, and I was redirected to the login screen.

Sorry for the rant, hopefuly someone's had and solved a similar issue. Thanks
Old 06-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Try this out

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...20778id=209411
Old 06-22-2006, 07:46 PM
fanman55
Sarnak

Krikk, there shouldn't be any sort of patch when connecting to the public loginserver. Make sure you're making and using a shortcut of the eqgame.exe and not EverQuest.exe (which is the patcher). Make sure that you have the word patchme at the end of the target string in the shortcut.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:32 PM
akimo
Fire Beetle

i had this same problem with mouse locking up and acting awkward at first. new drivers for my videocard fixed the issue.