Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Mag1cWalker
Fire Beetle

Default Which servers is better?

Hi

quick question:

Which servers is better? EQemu servers(like a PEQ) or SoD etc.? I mean which server have more functional quest,spells,monstres,locations etc..

Sorry for my terrible english

Last edited by Mag1cWalker; 08-18-2006 at 05:03 PM..
Old 08-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Zengez
Hill Giant

The PEQ Grand Creation server is the one that is being pioneered to be closest to live in all aspects, quests, factions, npc's, loot etc... however that being said it's still got more to do and it is also the most limited in terms of active expansions since they are trying to make things work correctly 1 expansion at a time...

Also, jsut because it's the closest to live doesn't make it 'the best' it merely makes it the closest to live, other servers offer different experiences, try out a few and see what type of server you like, some like non legit to 'make that ubr character they always wanted' and some like straight up legit live to 'earn their way' ... to each their own.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Mag1cWalker
Fire Beetle

thanks for reply

Now i have dilema

i picking between - Darktides and zebuxoruk(PEQ is too hard for me:( )

and sry for my english
Old 08-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Talking

Zebuxoruk Woo! (Only because it's my server I am so biased.) 100's (probably over 1000) custom items, atleast 100 Custom quests, and a pretty steady playerbase. Of all the custom servers I'm pretty sure mine has been up the longest (not as long as SoD but that is a different story).

Anyways my server is all about having fun. Check out the forums at www.zebuxorukserver.com for more, or you can just log on and say hi!

Zebuxoruk Server [Legit-Custom]
Old 08-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Onhorse
Fire Beetle

Zebuxoruk I would have to say.... + what ^ said.. cool people too!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:05 PM
Shunkthefunkunk
Fire Beetle

Default Better server

Zebuxoruk is where you should go if you want to pick the better server. Zeb has zones that you can go to as you level that you can talk to an NPC and port there all from nexus. Jib likes to hold GM (I won one on Thursday woo) and is putting out plenty of new custom zones. AAs will be working soon and there just plenty of things to do. Lots of fun, I have 3 level 70 characters on it.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Showrin710
Fire Beetle

Default Zeb ftw

I've been on Zebuxoruk for about a month now and I can honestly say that it is the place to be. Its loads of fun from level 1-70, we've got a very active and helpfull playerbase, and we've got Jibba who is always adding new zones/quests to keep it fresh and entertaining for everyone. I highly reccomend Zebuxoruk.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Mag1cWalker
Fire Beetle

hmmm interesting

ok il try Zebuxoruk server...

but one of my main requirements for server is good ability to solo play (i dont have time for forming group and i more likely iam "lonewolf" player than teamplayer)

btw: and what is bad on DarkTides? Its pretty popular...

sorry for my english

Last edited by Mag1cWalker; 08-20-2006 at 06:25 AM..
Old 08-20-2006, 02:26 AM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Check out Darktides if you get a chance. Plus its actually up 24 hours a day unlike Zeb. Darktides info can be found here www.atfreeforums.com/darktides.

-Soulshot-
Darktides GM
Old 08-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Mine is up 24/7 it's dedicated, cept maybe 10 minutes to backup/patch. Don't make me start a grudge!
Old 09-03-2006, 01:28 PM
EverCrackAj
Fire Beetle

Default yeah zebs is the best

yeah zebuxoruk is the best server ever. and they are up all the time. except umm this last week. but hey. jibs got a life toooo you know :-p. and a good server is worth the wait. go outside for a few days spend some time in the real world. then come back and play zebs.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:47 PM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Darktides has a very nice combined database of cavedude/peq/darktides custom content. Around 8 guilds formed already, we average 80-90 players a day with 30-40 on at a time. Helpful GM's, and special events occasionally.
Completely new zones most servers dont have.

Check us out =)

Soulshot
-A GM of Darktides-
Old 09-03-2006, 09:11 PM
eq4me
Hill Giant

While each Server is fun to play on both of em has their unique drawbacks and quirks. So check out both and decide what you like best.

For me the best server to play on is the one whose admins are contributing back to EQemu.
It might be good for the ego of the server admin to have the only server with more working epic quests, zones, fear pathing or whatever feature which is currently missing or broken in EQEmu/PEQ but it makes me rather sad to see that the wheel needs to be invented over and over because of this. I admire people like Angelox who willingly give away their work for other people to build uppon.
The above is kind of off-topic and not a rant against Darktides or Zeb in particular.
Bottom line is: Instead of competing with each other why not work together?

Oh yea: Soulshot-A GM of Darktides-
^^^^
A GM? Doesnt Darktides only have one GM who is also the owner?
Soulshot(here) = Mardigan(only ingame GM I know of) = Rickandmary21(Darktides board)

Last edited by eq4me; 09-04-2006 at 05:23 AM..
Old 09-04-2006, 03:07 AM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Default GM's

On darktides we have 2 brothers Soulshot and Mardigan with GM abilities for creation and problem solving. I do more of the keeping up with eqemu releases, and in game gm events every so often. Mardigan doesnt really play =) He just world builds, loot edits, manages the database, helps stuck characters, connects zones with portals, makes quests, researches mobs etc. We also have some EQ support staff that can help with questions and our favorite developing assistant Zorp! Hope that answered any confusion.

-Soulshot-
Old 09-04-2006, 03:14 AM
Qinamen
Sarnak

What eq4me said is very true.
Try out every server and then make a final decision, Many servers now-a-days are very different from each other.
Many have gotton a major overhaul.

If you are looking for Semi-Legit Scars of Nalgora is quite fun.

A brief run-down on what it's like:

100% custom quests,
100% custom server,
100% custom items,
100% custom NPC's.

It's NOTHING like live.

You do a quick quest to obtain level 25
You can level to 70 in a day if you try hard, Usually people level to 70 in about 3 days.
Max level right now is level 72, Soon to be level 73.

Custom Epic 1.0's and 2.0's.
Adventure zones that are higher exp. gains for certain levels which include custom augs.
Friendly Player-Base, In-depth quests. "Evolving" Items.

Check it out at www.nalgora.uni.cc

The server is locked atm due to problems with memory, But it's usually up 24/7 unless there needs to be a reboot to fix something.

Cheers.

Last edited by Qinamen; 09-04-2006 at 11:22 AM..