Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Default Zebuxoruk Server

The Zebuxoruk server is a custom / legit server. The server ran for nearly 2 years before but had to come down due to my move and loss of bandwidth. I’m now back in my old place with my old bandwidth and ready to go again. A lot of changes have been made to Zebuxoruk for the better and we welcome new and old players back. The server started fresh (no old characters) two weeks ago and is still young and growing. There were some lag issues due to a build I was running but that has been figured out and my players say everything is running smooth. One even said “as smooth as butter”. So if you tried us at launch a few weeks ago give it another shot and let me know what you think.

Features:
20+ Custom Zones (Zone Spreadsheet)
2000+ Custom Items
100+ Custom Quests
The famous Liberation of Zebuxoruk Shield Quest
Custom Epic 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, and 3.0’s
10+ archetype and class specific custom armor sets
Soloable to 70
Solo 70 content
Group 70 content, 8 dedicated zones worth each with increasing difficulty
Great community encouraged to help new players
Awesome, helpful, and fun GM staff
Continued development and frequent patches
Respawn with items, no corpse recovery, No EXP loss on death
Leveling pace that is described by my players as “just right”
Fun focused, If something isn’t fun, let me know and I’ll change it

A little bit about me. I’m a Junior in Mechanical Engineering at Ohio State University. Depending on internship opportunities I’ll be here for the next few years. I have a lot of friends in the EQEmu community and speak with other server admins often to communicate ideas and fixes. I’m a nice guy, I like to have fun on the server. Fun to me is developing and scripting content, helping and talking to players, and running events. You won’t find me or my other GMs running around in the best gear killing players and boss mobs to get a rise out of it. I am here to help you have fun on the server and all I ask for is your respect and feedback on the content so I can make it better for the next round of players coming through.

Anyways, come check us out. The website is ZebServer.com I hope to see you in-game soon!

Last edited by Jibbatwinkers; 02-25-2008 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: whole post didn't show up the first time
Old 02-25-2008, 01:42 PM
trevius
Developer

^---VOUCH!

(Old d2jsp thing lol)

I used to be a GM on Zeb when it was up last year. I highly recommend it to anyone on the emu. No matter what type of server you think you will like, if you give Zeb a chance, it is likely you will make it your permanent EQEmu home.

I run my own server now, and spend most of my time developing. But, when I have extra time or get tired of developing, I go and play my Warrior and Druid on Zeb
Old 02-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Mexenlives
Fire Beetle

I will surely be checking out your server, however I feel kinda funny being linked with OSU seeing is to how I am a Michigan fan TILL THE DEATH. GO BLUE!!! see you all soon

Mexen
Old 02-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Running a little "event" this weekend. It's "New Player Weekend" over on Zebuxoruk. All zones 1-20 have had their EXP multipliers boosted. We have plenty of players but more never hurt so come check it out this weekend when you have some time.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Semedaien
Sarnak

HAHAHAA JIBBA WAZZUPPP its Wolfsoul/Deception !
Old 03-11-2008, 06:23 AM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Sorry for the late responce but hi Seme! A lot of old players of Zeb have come back and it's good to see all the new and old faces. I'm knees deep into finals week here at ohio state so I haven't been trolling as much as expected. If you haven't caught me in-game in a few days wait until thursday night or so when my finals end. I've fallen madly behind on my Icecomet quota and I plan to make up for it in one spree on the high end dungeons.

quota=quota-(icecometsperplayer*playerlevel/(deaths*0.1))
*Notice that without deaths, the equation fails.*
P.S. I don't really kill people, that would be dumb. Unless they ask for it, which is common.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Revilor
Fire Beetle

I also vouch for the work of Jibba which is great and fun to play. I would like to start up again on his server, but unfortunately I'm busy myself with real life, and I'm waiting for another project to get done, so I can play it.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:05 PM
lilmuff
Sarnak

Hey Jibb long time no see its great to see the server is back up lol now the grind starts over again i will miss my pally 2.0 and mnk 2.0 but look forward to talking to you again.

Gummybear
Old 03-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Something that may be of interest of people who aren't sure if they want to play on Zebuxoruk or not is the new photo album. You can check it out here. I'm working my way from the bottom of the level range up through all the custom content and I still have a long way to go. (The really flashy stuff is at 70 of course!)
Old 03-17-2008, 05:11 PM
trevius
Developer

VERY cool! I don't know how Jibba finds time to sleep lol. Always working on something!