Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:35 PM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

Default Focus Effects with "up to" in them

I have been working on my custom server Birthright for a while now and have continually noticed that any focus effect that has "up to" in the description only does 1% period instead of 1~xx%. This effects improved healing, damage, and mana preservation. Are any other servers having this issue? Anything that has a fixed focus amount like range and buff duration are working correctly.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

The problem is your spell file most likely. If you are using the peq db one and trying to use the SoF+ focuses, most of those are at 1%. Update a copy to live and use that spellfile or update them manually.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:22 PM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

The issue effects all of my random bonus focus's even those like improved healing I/II/III ect. I am using the live spell file and imported it into the db already after I first noticed this issue. The SoF+ spells and effects work just fine with this import as long as they are fixed increases like range, durration, casting time reduction, ect.

The DB shows for Improved Healing III:
effect_base_2 = 60
effect_limit_value1 = 20
effect_limit_value2 = 5

Which section in the DB would you suggest modifying to fix this then since as far as I have dug up, those values are correct and in the correct fields...
Old 01-29-2011, 11:39 PM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

sigh...~accepts his n00b award~

I went back and was comparing my live import to the peq db core and found the issue. The issue is with the spell importer I used. it seems to have screwed up the effect fields and set them all to 1 for ironically enough all of the variable focus effects. resetting fields fixed it. Thanks for the help Caryatis.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:43 AM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

Maybe not so n00b as I though. It seems that the current live files change several of the fields that the peq db as different info for. these fields are mostly in the effect_ columns. gong to use the peq and just make my modifcations from that instead of live and will let you know how that works out.