Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-15-2002, 11:50 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Default Zone.exe patched for with loot fix

Heres a recompiled 3.12 zone.exe with several fixes.

Note: I forgot to take a cout out of the zone.exe, so you'll get a message
when the Loot variable is set in the zone system out. I'll fix it and repost the exe later with the cout.

Here's whats included

Neotokyo
FIX: Lifetaps
FIX: Shrink/growth
FIX: XP Bugs
FIX: Right Click Fizzles

Quester
FIX: Hand to hand weapons

Trumpcard
FIX: Looting bugs

Tamarae
FIX: Avatar Proc bug and neutralize magic weapon add

Todo: Roll in Questers proc code, I had some problems with it the first time I tried it, so I will work on getting it in this weekend. Also I'd like to roll Wiz's feign death fixes in if they havent made it in yet and changes to Wesquests.

I'd like to know what other changes have been merged in to the code, and what havent, so if anyone has a code fix/change they want to see merged, post it here or ask for it, and I'll roll it into the code, recompile, post the changed zone.exe/world.exe, and provide the updated code files and try to get them over to kathgar/image/quag so they can roll them into starteam for the next releases.

For my loot change
. To use the probability multiplier feature, do a mysql>insert into variables values ('LootDropMod','<multiplier number>');
where the number is the number you want to increase loot drops by.. If you dont like the frequency things are dropping in the database, up this number..

If you dont set the value thats fine, it will default to 1 (standard database set probability) You can change it on the fly to without bouncing zones, as I have it set now, it will be grabbed everytime the spawn is created. I'll change it later to be used globally so it's only read/set once. Though its not a big performance hit reading it each time, little things stack up over time.

Heres the updated zone.exe.. This is a heavy beta (I havent tested all the fixes to verify they work in this zone.exe), so use at your own risk, but post any bugs, comments, etc.

Updated Zone.exe

Heres the updated source code files for anyone that wants compile them, modify them, etc. Send me a PM if you want my email address to update them and mail them back.

Source files

If anyone is interested enough, I'll put up a CVS server to make things easier to check changes in/out of..

If you want to check the changes out ahead of time, log onto to 'The Halls of Paranor'.

Thanks everyone and keep those updates coming !
Old 11-16-2002, 01:56 AM
blackhawk
Fire Beetle

Default Complieing MY zone98.exe is 580k?

Nevermind I asked in IRC and was told what to do and it fixed lol thanks
Old 11-16-2002, 04:23 AM
quester
Hill Giant

Quote:
Todo: Roll in Questers proc code, I had some problems with it the first time I tried it, so I will work on getting it in this weekend.
What kinds of problems?
Old 11-16-2002, 04:25 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

First time I tried it I was getting segfaults on my unix zone server.. could have just been that I rolled it in wrong though, going to look at it again this afternoon.
Old 11-16-2002, 04:29 AM
tamarae
Hill Giant

I had already rolled most of these changes into my server, but I got the last couple in the easy way now thanks to Trumpcard. Not seeing any problems with any of them in the little bit of playing around I've done this morning. What a great combined effort everyone, great job!
Old 11-16-2002, 04:38 AM
quester
Hill Giant

If I can get up the energy to sit down and right out a token parser for the profile fields, then I can most likley have that addition done today.. I've rerolled the procs into this at the same time since I updated to the new version.

I just dread writing this token parser, so I need to go play EQ for a bit first :p
Old 11-16-2002, 05:21 AM
neotokyo
Hill Giant

just did a windiff check and it seems we worked on different files, so just copy these 5 files into your source directory and everything should work fine.
(or better yet download the files and recheck everything twice cause i cant be trusted

*edit*
Source Files

ps: i still could need a reliable webspace provider - just tried to use fortunecity and that sucks bigtime
Old 11-16-2002, 11:27 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

lol neotokyo, contact me sometime image@dmicale.com, I can give you some webspace :P
Old 11-16-2002, 08:35 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

im glad to see finally some non devs are actually getting involved in the development, not just finding bugs, but fixing them.

If it wasnt a bigger newb then I sound like... i'd actually help.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:48 AM
Drawde
Dragon

The loot fix works OK for me, at least with the official 3.11 DB! I also haven't had a merchant crash so far though that could just be coincidence.

Anyway, I've now started work on an updated version of my DB. When it's done it should have much improved loot tables and merchant lists incorporating the new items. Currently I'm working on the "common" monsters like orcs, then I'll do the rare spawns and unique creatures.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:51 AM
Syntaks
Sarnak

Speaking of merchant bug (something I still have) I think I may have found the issue, but I haven't tested it yet.

All the items (according to the admin program) are set to flag 000h Some containers. Should they be something else? Like 0033h Normal Item?